the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came up nicely. ! What is it? 395?

I have a 6 litre. It can submerge a jug no problem; getting a crank case half would need to be double the size I would say.
I'll check in the morning how a 044 fits in mine.

Vince, are they expensive to run?

Do you just use water or add chimicals as well?

How much to buy s/hand for a half decent 6ltr one do you know?

All the ones I looked at about a year ago were medical grade and cost a mint.

Saw a good video on how to run a good test on them to make sure they are working using a piece of tin foil....looked neat

Came up nicely. ! What is it? 395?

I have a 6 litre. It can submerge a jug no problem; getting a crank case half would need to be double the size I would say.
I'll check in the morning how a 044 fits in mine.
I buy & repair wrecks/non running small engines all the time.
I build them as a hobby 4 resale, or sometimes to race, or just add to my collection.
I'm a little OCD when it comes to rebuilding, if it's worth doing....it's worth doing right!!!
I have a husky 61, and another 3120 waiting to hit the bench, along with a 460&660.
Trying to race most wk ends ATM as well.... Busy busy busy :)

Vince, are they expensive to run?

Do you just use water or add chimicals as well?

How much to buy s/hand for a half decent 6ltr one do you know?

All the ones I looked at about a year ago were medical grade and cost a mint.

Saw a good video on how to run a good test on them to make sure they are working using a piece of tin foil....looked neat

No not at all. Water and a cup of green clean or similar.

b9a54c2e24c39f4d088efb14349a75de.jpg

Just read the feedback on 4 different sellers on Ebay of these 10ltr ultrasonic cleaners and it's not great.

Do these things attract scammers and frauds?

I can't have get myself to push the buy it now button.

Being broke doesn't help either....lol

cranes big saw big butts and lost me nuts

WP_20160415_004.jpg
got to peck away to lower logs with 66mag
WP_20160415_015.jpg
workmate did the 2 falls very nicely done

WP_20160415_022.jpg
beasty 7 foot pine tho meant some pre cutting to get hinge all the way
WP_20160415_030.jpg

i finally get a go with 088 and 6 foot bar its SOB weight wise but i learn fast then the dam bar nuts decide to go away & off comes side cover while running full bore im left looking stupid with a revving power head in hands and no bar & nope twas not me who put on the bar,,,, meh these things happen more often on friday avo :)

ok wots the trick keeping chain loop on long bar as it liked to run off when used side ways,,, found boring a slot 1st with 66 1st help solve this

View attachment 498440
View attachment 498441

View attachment 498442
View attachment 498443

i finally get a go with 088 and 6 foot bar its SOB weight wise but i learn fast then the dam bar nuts decide to go away & off comes side cover while running full bore im left looking stupid with a revving power head in hands and no bar & nope twas not me who put on the bar,,,, meh these things happen more often on friday avo :)

ok wots the trick keeping chain loop on long bar as it liked to run off when used side ways,,, found boring a slot 1st with 66 1st help solve this
nice job but glad you didnt get hurt

i just wander in have fun let the lads do the hard stuff tho the 1st crane log did not want to play nicely...... Twas reminiscent of a bad experience moons ago with a ewp & crane tree busting up comin down about me,,,, i pooped me pants but luck held nil harm done

i just wander in have fun let the lads do the hard stuff tho the 1st crane log did not want to play nicely...... Twas reminiscent of a bad experience moons ago with a ewp & crane tree busting up comin down about me,,,, i pooped me pants but luck held nil harm done
after feeling around ya found your nuts then:laugh:

after feeling around ya found your nuts then:laugh:

i actual found one nut in saw dust and grass,, i got a vid of me working the saw as it came apart but its on my phone a low quality and i dont know how to upload anyhoo...reckon the other nut popped off prior very lucky it did not let go at critical mo hmm this piccy just before the event i reckon can see 2 nuts so musta been after that

WP_20160415_028.jpg

i actual found one nut in saw dust and grass,, i got a vid of me working the saw as it came apart but its on my phone a low quality and i dont know how to upload anyhoo...reckon the other nut popped off prior very lucky it did not let go at critical mo hmm this piccy just before the event i reckon can see 2 nuts so musta been after that

View attachment 498469
yep, there on there alright

View attachment 498440
View attachment 498441

View attachment 498442
View attachment 498443

Big horizontal cuts are easy to stuff up when using a bigger bar....I've found too. And I've only got a 28", not a 84"

Chain blunting out fast, small push and it starts to twist and it's all down hill, then the chain comes off just to show your done....never had the bar fall off though....that's a pissa.

I just slow everything down a few notches and hope the chain pulls it in nicely and let the bar follow...if I have to push the bar down into the cut I find the chances of it stuffing up go up hill fast with a long bar.

Big horizontal cuts are easy to stuff up when using a bigger bar....I've found too. And I've only got a 28", not a 84"

Chain blunting out fast, small push and it starts to twist and it's all down hill, then the chain comes off just to show your done....never had the bar fall off though....that's a pissa.

I just slow everything down a few notches and hope the chain pulls it in nicely and let the bar follow...if I have to push the bar down into the cut I find the chances of it stuffing up go up hill fast with a long bar.

:laughing:

never had the bar fall off though....that's a pissa.

yeah a 1 st time for me as well i wos caught on film but canna or work out the down load it pretty grainy vid anyhoo

crew had refitted bar /chain a handful of times due to chain running off so by end of day mistakes happened

bar on
Snapshot 2 (15-04-2016 4-51 PM).png

bar off??

Snapshot 1 (16-04-2016 9-09 PM).png

todays **** up was chipping,,, we had pushed discharge chute to side to squirt it into garden bed the next job we chipped a decent amount of limb before realized was spraying the road not into truck uh oh broom rake and blower for a while to clean up

Back