Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno Jerry , I was thinkin about this Stihl chainsaw thing and I've come to the conclusion that they're really a boring saw , these Mighty Mouse ones you been putting together , antique dinosaurs , all we do is put fuel in them , keep the chain sharp , blow a little dust off of them every now and then , pour mix into them , pull the cord then pull the trigger and tank after for what 2 or 3 years on these ones that we're running and they just keep on going and going , putting cord after cord on the ground , pretty boring I think .
Look at that new 241 I have , stock , smooth as silk , weighs nothing , keep the chain sharp , I've polly run 50l of mix through it , forgot to blow the dust out of it , it ran till it wouldn't start , blew the dust out and back in business .
They've cut wood for me , you , a few that we've given cords of wood to and cords out of my selling piles as well .
Boring , maybe we should try some Hechcohuskapoolans , might be more exciting , like waiting for the big bang , whatcha think ??

BTW , that latest Mighty Mouse does seem 40% faster while only being 20% louder , sure made light work with that large birch , runtime per tank of mix is what impressed me the most , all that gain with no loss of runtime per tank , polly 50% gain over the last Mighty Mouse on the run time and real close to stock .

Lol, ...I have already tried Husquovites and had lots of excitement when running them. Burned my fingers on hot mufflers, crawling around on hands n knees looking for lost screws and nuts off mufflers. Recoils going South, throttle cables jamming up, plenty of curse words spoken, sure lots of excitement....LOL

IMG_20160811_202058.jpg

Yup .

Couple pics of that 4.2L motor that Unc dragged up here from Maryland for me, to replace the one in "The Miserable Device"...he took the 621 in the build thread back with him. Thanks Again Unc!!!! This is just the way it came out of the AMC Hornet it was in......supposedly 57,000 miles.....

Jeep Motor and OMC 016.JPG Jeep Motor and OMC 017.JPG Jeep Motor and OMC 018.JPG Jeep Motor and OMC 020.JPG

Here she is after her bath in "Pink Stuff" and blasted with my 3700psi pressure washer. Not a lot prettier but much cleaner. The oil pan didn't get blasted because of the shipping platform covered it up. But no matter it is going to be replaced with the one from the original engine......which holds one more qt of oil and has a built in skid plate. The intake and exhaust manifolds will be replaced as well so didn't take much time cleaning those either.

Jeep Motor and OMC 021.JPG Jeep Motor and OMC 022.JPG Jeep Motor and OMC 023.JPG Jeep Motor and OMC 024.JPG

Back