• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Poulan Pro 655BP - 100cc -$650

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nstueve

Makita Freak!
Reaction score
Yes this is the hard to find 100cc reed valve torque monster. It's a little dirty in pics b/c it runs and cuts like it should. It cleans up nice and has the big west coast spikes on it. I can probably find a bar for it in my shop if needed but they ship easier and cheaper without.

$650/ obo to good home.

Message me if interested.

f3200aff39ef07122111af8d9ff878af.jpg

3b49e0f8b36e6bd223905f9700445614.jpg

27dfc3a7fb8c920b451a23aca07a92aa.jpg

71c999a7f9de94c2e56774ac46ac0259.jpg

51415b2a8c84d112982461efd079f307.jpg

It might help the saw sell to post some pictures of the piston condition and show that it is indeed a boost port and not a standard 655.

Personally I wouldn't care if its boost port or not. The whole boost port thing is overrated. I have a non boost port and have compared it side by side with some boost port saws. Up to 36" bars there isn't really any difference from what I have seen.

If I was wanting another 655, I wouldn't hesitate to buy this saw from Nate. I'm sure if he says its good to go then it is good to go.

I ran my regular 655 side by side with my 655 BP both with new identical chains on 36" bars and noticed a pretty big difference. And the regular 655 had a good piston while the BP's was scored. Not that the regular 655 is any slouch, because it ain't. The BP held rpm much better.

I ran my regular 655 side by side with my 655 BP both with new identical chains on 36" bars and noticed a pretty big difference. And the regular 655 had a good piston while the BP's was scored. Not that the regular 655 is any slouch, because it ain't. The BP held rpm much better.

I have seen some scored saws run just like new but like I said I have compared it to more then just one BP saw. Like you said never the less the regular hi performance 655 is a damn strong saw.

I'll try to get some pics of cylinder. I will personally guarantee it's a BP cylinder. I've had the muffler off and looked.

I've had up to 5x 655bps in the shop at one time and the real difference is which carb they had on them. I have a cheat sheet in the shop that I wrote down when I was talking to Ed Bryl (master of these poulan's). He told me the carb model (which I can't remember off the top of my head) that will give these saws an extra 1000-1200rpm in the cut. He said, with the xxx carb a non-BP, it would run just like a BP with the worse carb. I've spoken with numerous pros about porting one and several of them came back with the same answer... "it's not worth it." Was told these are almost ideally ported from factory and can believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance I can get that cheat sheet. I spoke with Ed a couple years ago and
he is very correct. The carb is the real difference in these saws. I have 2 P62's
that are dogs and the carbs appear to be smaller. Just need to know which
carb to get.
I'd like that info as well. Please and Thankyou.

Any chance I can get that cheat sheet. I spoke with Ed a couple years ago and
he is very correct. The carb is the real difference in these saws. I have 2 P62's
that are dogs and the carbs appear to be smaller. Just need to know which
carb to get.

All I remember as of now is that my carb came off a P51/2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back