034 Super Cylinder vs 036

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is that a super cylinder or just a standard 034? They're not the same bore.

Overkill, yes the 034S is said to have better port timing. I believe it, but there will still be some variation between individual cylinders (both 034S and 360), so there's no guarantee that you'll be making an improvement by swapping them. It's likely, but not certain.

Honestly, I think it'd be a waste of time and money to swap them. If you can't wait for the 462 and haven't caught the Husky bug yet but still need to spend some money, send that saw off to be ported. Or your 241. Yes, it'll cost more than swapping a cylinder, but you'll know for sure that you're gonna end up with a very fun saw to use with a lot more pizzazz than a stock saw.

The 034S jug has a different intake port and Ex port. The ex port roof is flat as a board, so it vents faster st the same degree.

The 034S jug can be run gasketlessand get around 18 squish. I believe the 036 comes in too tight, around 13 IIRC.

Both make excellent foundations for a ported saw. Cutting a popup on an 034S jug is the closest to a ported saw you will get with minimum mods.

This is a ported 034S with an 8 pin.

The 034S jug has a different intake port and Ex port. The ex port roof is flat as a board, so it vents faster st the same degree.

The 034S jug can be run gasketlessand get around 18 squish. I believe the 036 comes in too tight, around 13 IIRC.

Both make excellent foundations for a ported saw. Cutting a popup on an 034S jug is the closest to a ported saw you will get with minimum mods.

This is a ported 034S with an 8 pin.

Nice running saw there Dr. Al! I had the pleasure of running my ported 036 a little on Thursday. 60cc saws aren't many people's favorites (and a stock 462 might give it real trouble) but that saw went from being a good firewood saw to a real animal. It's a very fun saw to pick up.

Nice running saw there Dr. Al! I had the pleasure of running my ported 036 a little on Thursday. 60cc saws aren't many people's favorites (and a stock 462 might give it real trouble) but that saw went from being a good firewood saw to a real animal. It's a very fun saw to pick up.
Thanks

My goal isnt the fastest saw, its to make a saw thats the one u pick out of the pile when u have to cut. Balance.

Is that a super cylinder or just a standard 034? They're not the same bore.

Overkill, yes the 034S is said to have better port timing. I believe it, but there will still be some variation between individual cylinders (both 034S and 360), so there's no guarantee that you'll be making an improvement by swapping them. It's likely, but not certain.

Honestly, I think it'd be a waste of time and money to swap them. If you can't wait for the 462 and haven't caught the Husky bug yet but still need to spend some money, send that saw off to be ported. Or your 241. Yes, it'll cost more than swapping a cylinder, but you'll know for sure that you're gonna end up with a very fun saw to use with a lot more pizzazz than a stock saw.

Thanks Ryan. Yes I'm waiting on the 462 (or the 572XP for that matter ). Mastermind said the 572 feels too heavy for the displacement. Have you seen his videos?

I don't know who to get to port my 241. Randy don't do used saws and brad said he's retired.

I tried my saw again, testing throttle response. This time I used a 20" b&c. How do you guys think it sounds? Is the response good or should I keep working? By the way the clutch springs are toast. I've got a new clutch coming so the chain stops spinning at idle. Also I adjusted it after the video so it would four stroke correctly.

Thanks Ryan. Yes I'm waiting on the 462 (or the 572XP for that matter ). Mastermind said the 572 feels too heavy for the displacement. Have you seen his videos?

I don't know who to get to port my 241. Randy don't do used saws and brad said he's retired.
Plenty of folks out there with rasps. Dr Al, Chainsaw Jim, Carl Miller come to mind. Many more, do some searching here.

I tried my saw again, testing throttle response. This time I used a 20" b&c. How do you guys think it sounds? Is the response good or should I keep working? By the way the clutch springs are toast. I've got a new clutch coming so the chain stops spinning at idle. Also I adjusted it after the video so it would four stroke correctly.

In my opinion it needs more adjustment. Start over with the L, then H, then usually a small L tweak.

This looks like a 036 right? About to put it on
68840a19186398030e56bd875ea56217.jpg
178714ee165cf8b31cb8f5c4793a24e4.jpg

Back