064 coil problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeh close but not right i dont think. Your coil lines up with the fin but mine lines up with the rivit. I think my saw will be firing before the piston gets to TDC, so it will not start.

If it is firing?? before tdc it should pull the rope out of your hand.This makes me think it is not firing at all,thats why I asked about the wet plug.You have my # if you want to give me a call 2moro.Remove the key and set it up exactly as mine and see how you go.Iam out of ideas atm.

Yes I agree with you but after thinking about it, it is actually firing before top dead center with out the compression so nothing is happening. I just don't understand why ?, it ran when I bought it.

Looking at your pic not much before tdc.That's why i thought rope pull.
But I understand no comp no fire if piston too far down bore.
I would remove carb and put fuel straight down manifold to eliminate severe flooding problem on start up.

I will try taking the carb off and see what happens. I am waiting on a flywheel puller to arrive and then I will try without the key and see what happens.

Well once again this thing has me stumped, put fuel straight into it and nothing happened. Pulled the flywheel removed the key and set the coil pickup to the center of the second magnet on the flywheel at TDC. Pulled the cord and it poped first pull !, I've been trying to start it for the last 2 hr and have got nothing not even another pop.

Coil gap is 10-12 thou, kill switch is connected with a strong blue spark, the magnets feel strong. I was going to try a 066 flywheel but it doesn't fit. I'm thinking that maybe it's a timing issue but I don't know why it would be out !, with the key removed i have tried the flywheel in a few positions and I have got the saw to go from pushing the fuel back out of the carb, then almost starting, and then back firing out of the carb !, how fussy is the timing on these saws ?

Not sure on timing,as I said I have rope pull problems if timing out too far.
I think we need someone smarter than me (which wouldn't be be hard) to chime in on this thread.
What 066 wheel do you have,early alloy one?

Latest posts

Back