1/4 cord oak bucked in a few minutes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's almost like cheating. Although it is nice to get a pile of wood with minimal effort.

All the work of hauling, cutting, and stacking the wood without the fun of felling or splitting- I think I'd pass it up. OK, maybe not... I'm jealous.

Yeah gotta agree would rather be in the woods but dont have the time with workin so many hours its nice to get some payback for all those hours , and yes on salary . Lazy ironworkers onsite = warm house in Central MA .

You had a day or two worth of wood cut in the time I would have taken to warm up my saw. Again, I'm jealous.

That's funny, we're expecting snow tomorrow, so I'll be taken the truck, there's a bunch of 6" eight footers on the job I'll be taken back with me . What local are you out of, 7 I'm guessing.

Man, that kills my back just watching that. If I tried that, I would be down in my back in a heartbeat. There is no way I would try something like that.

Nice. Turn your idle back a bit. In the woods you might have to put your saw down occasionally.
True do need to idle it down some just got lazy , I mean only takes a few minutes to finish the wood and possibly longer to find my little screwdriver to adjust the idle.

That's funny, we're expecting snow tomorrow, so I'll be taken the truck, there's a bunch of 6" eight footers on the job I'll be taken back with me . What local are you out of, 7 I'm guessing.
Local 7 is correct , well the raising gang erecting the towers. Myself I am a super
For the CM handling all the Concrete 37,000 yards poured another 18'000 to go.

Are you sure that's oak? 3x3 or 4x4 oak would never cut that easy here, especially bone dry or kiln dried.
Sounds like the saw is even half throttle. Just curious.
Definitely Oak , carries some heavy columns,beams,trusses,and tubes. Burns hot and long some really nice firewood. It is not kiln dried, or not to seasoned except the stuff that has been hanging around for a while. Some of it is green right from the mill.

Toss them in a crib so you can cut several at one time, and get to stand upright!
True but then I would have to take the time to build a crib! Time is sparse almost non existent outside of work and its a good workout . $650 million dollar job 60-70 hour weeks are the norm. All said you are correct would be a smarter way to work.

Last edited:
Real steady hand there. Did you do that by eye or did you snap a line first?
Haa good eye Spike, indeed snapped lines at 2'-4'-6' but have been cutting for over 30 years , five of which were in your neck of the woods professionally . Miss the Hudson valley,
Catskills,and Gunks.

Back