Alert Jred saws on eBay not as advertised

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HurtFeelingsReport.jpg

The oil hole on the one I tore into today had a little on it and it was very tight, a scrench slipped off it and damaged the cap a little(time for some flippy caps), some oil on it and she's working well now.
I could not tell this one had fuel in it at all, but the piston had a wash pattern on it and you could tell the plug had been fired. Pretty sure it was fired at the plant, but had never seen wood. This one is a 2013, with the "R" on the tank also. It pulled a 24" great when I finished with it.
Anyone need an Xtorq P&C, I've got an extra.
And the price for that p/c would be? :drinkingcoffee:

That looks like the saw they sent me. I sent mine back to them last week for a replacement.

The saw appears to be completely new never ran and not a refurb. Piston looks brand new and no wear at all around the drum and case. No fuel has been in the tank or bar oil. I’m hoping they will work with me and refund $100 so I can buy a new tank for it. I guess I’ll see what they say tomorrow. $421 shipped is still a good deal with a new 24” bar and chain even though it’s an .058”. Everything I have is .050”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check 1 of my saws out. Does not look to ever have been fueled or oiled but smells like gas, assuming from when tested at factory. Picture has arrow pointing to exhaust port in cylinder, shows no sign if use. Got my bore scope in there and it looked new. I believe this is a new saw that got an R melted in it for an unknown reason. Maybe tractor supply returns to manufacture all got R's???? It's a 2017 saw.
5da33777397c1bf0bbafa51ff52afb6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

I am going to contact the seller tomorrow. I have proof that they are not all brand new saws. I will post picture after I talk to them. 2017,2017,2016,2012 saws. 2012 has dust which would not be on it if in a box since 2012 and has visible wear on a part that show it easily and is unmistakable as used. All look unused inside though. All are the 2250's.
The 2 2017 saws had numbers on the top of the cylinder as the picture below shows, the 2012 and 2016 did not. No idea the significance of them.
d1c15c1ed71e3163825cde83819da534.jpg

If anyone has purchased a refurbished Husqvarna or even a refub Makita power tool, I have done both, most of the time 90% of the plastics looks new/good, wear and tear items are replaced but a majority of the parts are used and appropriately discounted. The giant point that a lot of people are missing is the guy advertised the saws as NEW, NEW is never used. These saws are not new, my 2166 is a 2013 with the R on the tank. To the best of my knowledge the factory does not run saws, the saws are built, carbs are set to default specs, the dealer is where saws are first run and tuned.

I've been reading post after post about how my saw is all scraped up, damaged, has rust, corrosion, looks like it's minimally run, but it runs great so it's OK. You're just trying to justify your purchase and convince yourself that you didn't get f**ked, well you did. That's the truth

Honestly, WTF is wrong with people, the guy is taking advantage of everybody here, making fools of everyone and taking their money. Husqvarna is selling these saws for pennies on the dollar to wholesalers and the nice melted R is to red flag any dealer to not warranty these saws. THEY ARE REFURBS. If the guy advertised the saws properly most people here would have still bought them and been happy. "I got exactly as advertised"

If this seller was pushing these saws as new on the AS or OPeeEee sight guys would have crucified him.

NEW IS NEW

I'm not mad because only one of mine had some minor scuffs to the handle bar, bent spike and I'm keeping them for myself. If I had paid the full price and/or purchased them to resell, I would have been. I would have then filed an item not as described claim. I don' t think I got fked, I've got 2 x 2016 saws for a total of $800, I got a $50 refund for the scuffs. The R doesn't bother me . I do think the seller should change their description of the saws, they must know by now that they are not brand new. You can always press the report item link and let ebay know that the item is not what the seller claims it to be.

Just think how happy you would be if you actually received brand new saws as stated in the auction

Buyer be aware with refurb, felling lucky, ? I’m not.

Northern sent me a refurb poulan pro Chain saw I wanted for my camp if it gets stolen who cares. It’s missing the bar screw adjuster assembly. What if I didn’t know anything about chains and ran it and got hurt? Returned to northern.

Innovations on eBay a refurb poulan pro leaf blower won’t run. Bad review.

Onetime I didn’t buy a Husqvarna. I thought a poulan pro being part of husky would be ok at least run.

No more returns for me, your not alone.

Funny I purchased a cheap Remington leaf blower and it runs great.

I purchased my jred son a small jonsered from canada it’s ok.

Back