AlfA01... Who is this guy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nch209

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I come to the forum for some friendly advice about two years ago, and am steered towards a MS362. It served me well, and I get the need/itch for a bigger saw, so naturally I want a MS462. The basic carb version is not readily available state side, yet I find one on the classifieds here. Attempt to buy from AlfA01, and lone behold, it is sold.

He reaches back out and offers to order me one. I of course accept, and even offer to pay ahead so he is A. Not fronting the money, and B. To show I am not going to back out of our deal. After all, he does not know me from Jack. He declines, and in a flash my saw is in (In Greece, lol) and I pay the man, and a week later its on my door step. The outter box is beat up, but the box beneath that is in good shape, and the box below that is great, and the original box is, well, new! LOL! It was like I got to open 4 saws! haha!

I reach out to a my dealer for bar and chain setups and they say next week, well today comes and I drop in, and they say, maybeee 3 or 4 weeks out. So a bit perturbed, I email AlfA01 who replies back in minutes with a price BOTH beating my dealer and getting it here a week out. Who is this guy?!?!?! I did some digging and while he claims he is USA born and raised, and now just hails from Greece... but I think there is more to the story. I now am of the belief he is a modern day Greek Stihl God who is blessing all of Arboristsite with gifts of Power Head Only deals, bar and chain combos, and I would imagine Stihl swag from time to time. Sure you see he peddling other makes, but I think this is simply a tactic to keep the corporate Stihl bean counters off of his back!

All jokes aside, what a great forum and great members. Even during my dumb questions, I am always offered with good constructive feedback. Members, especially ones like AlfA01, make this forum a real treat to be a part of!

Back