AutoTune vs M-Tronic vs ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Husqvarna actually did sell the rights to the technology, the real question is why?
My understanding is that if it is patented you must allow others to use it for a royalty. I don't believe you can refuse.

I've never heard the "you must allow others to use it for a royalty". Never...
I could be wrong - I will have to look into it. My understanding was that it was part of the basic concept of the patent system - to protect the rights of those who invent something in return for having them publish it and allowing it to advance the state of the art.

The 576 xp auto tune , a AT machine that can not be diagnosed from the husqvarna diagnostics tools. 576 69 23 01

Includes CD-ROM with software, cables,
diagnostic box, and instructions.
Requires a computer running Windows XP
(or newer) and equipped with a USB port.
Note: Not for use on Generation I
Autotune (576XP, 570)

I could be wrong - I will have to look into it. My understanding was that it was part of the basic concept of the patent system - to protect the rights of those who invent something in return for having them publish it and allowing it to advance the state of the art.
Could be, but I thought it was up to the holder of the patent to decide to share or sell royalties or not?

Could be, but I thought it was up to the holder of the patent to decide to share or sell royalties or not?
Yeah I was just doing a quick search - so far I'm not finding where the owner must allow it to be used, only that it gets described and then can be used when it expires. I gotta believe someone here knows first hand what the rules are.

These electronically controlled carburetors can be seen as both performance as well as convenience features, perhaps a similarity to automatic transmissions of a car. However with the difference that the power efficiency is not degraded that much with AT/M-Tronic.

They seem to be able to handle small engines perfectly as well, like in the upcoming MS201C-M & matured T540XP.

One would expect other saw vendors to follow, once the technique is available with controller, ignition module and carburetor actuator and sensors.

Don, U R correct, in general U R not required to share a patient (or licence the technology).

But Chris is also partly right. If U discover something that reduces emissions, etc., the gov may force U to licence the tech so that we don't end up with just one saw make or auto maker. It is almost like an "eminent domain" type thing, when it is in the public interest.

Hope this helps. I'm not an expert, but my Dad was a Patent Attorney, so I have some knowledge.

I've never heard the "you must allow others to use it for a royalty". Never...
Pretty sure it was on here and Saw Troll that suggested company a had to let company b have access to the technology for a fee of course due to the greater need of society for clean air. We have both strato and auto tune I don't recall which was discussed at that time. It certainly wasn't footnoted to research it out.

Well first, lets stop and think who makes those wonderful EL44, 46, 48 carbs anyway!?!
lets first see why you or me or stihl or husqy put those wonderfull carbs on the machines. i dont care who makes them, also someone makes the mahles, someone the guilardoni, i care why i must pay 1200 euros for the 562 and have problems just because the deal between husky and zamma or walbro is good for theirs pockets. i mean the same for stihl , dolmars ,e.t.c

lets first see why you or me or stihl or husqy put those wonderfull carbs on the machines. i dont care who makes them, also someone makes the mahles, someone the guilardoni, i care why i must pay 1200 euros for the 562 and have problems just because the deal between husky and zamma or walbro is good for theirs pockets. i mean the same for stihl , dolmars ,e.t.c

Wow thats $1500 what part of Europe are you in?

While both systems essentially achieve the same results l am to believe 'how' they do this is quite different. AkaDoug made a good post as per usual. While both systems are big improvements in fuel delivery l believe the M-tronic system is more refined than the AT system. What would be good is someone who explain how both systems work and what the major differences are. l think its quite hidious that in 2014 we are still turning screwdrivers on CARBS!

So basically we just have a bunch of assuming?
Not entirely - some of us have read the patents. That doesn't tell you the details of a given implementation, but does give you the basic technology being used. It has been posted many times that Stihl is using a simpler version of the system, and while I don't know where that came from it seems consistent with other details I've seen.

What is different about an M-tronic vs. the 576AT? Does either have a diagnostic port?

Back