Best Stihl Chainsaw for climbing and pruning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Echo CS-271T is a great little saw. Good torque and easy to start. On blistering hot days, it will keep running when others die and refuse to restart until they cool down. On the hottest days, I might start the job with the MS-150, MS-200 or MS-201 (I have all, both stock and modded ones) but I usually end them using the CS-271 because it's the only tophandle saw I have that will stay running when the cutting is fairly continuous. It's only slightly heavier than the MS-150 and a tad bulkier. Sells for about $300.00 brand new and will last you for years and years if you take care of it.

200t is the best ever Stihl topper imo , Echo 2511tes is a little Beast though , so much so I rarely use the 200t these days.

Yeah, most of the time I just get out the little MS-150 and the CS-271 and leave the rest in the trailer unless I end up needing them. Even the 200/201 saws feel like they're made of lead after running the little ones all day.

Back