Buyer Purchased Logs/ won't call back for pick up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLtreeGuyVHTC

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So my buyer purchased logs from a job site, had me move them to my property. It's been 4 months and he won't call or text back. They are taking up a large part of my working area. What can I legally do?

Presuming he has paid for them, notify him that you will charge rent for storage if he does not pick them up. Then start charging him rent.

Here is the issue with rent. If I charge rent then he refuses to pay when he shows up then I hold the logs because storage fees were not paid then I'd have to hold them or it was an empty meaningless threat that makes me look stupid. I just want them gone so I can install the drainage, have room to install our foundation, and start bring the the others we have. I've got two to take down with no room to work with. One is 40" but was hit by lighting, healed over. If it's solid it will be real pretty wood. Other is similar but probably 35" 20 ft of no limbs.

As far as 90 days... We are at like 112 days or so with no response. I would rather not anger the guy. He usually keeps me pretty busy. But there is always another buyer.

Here is the issue with rent. If I charge rent then he refuses to pay when he shows up then I hold the logs because storage fees were not paid then I'd have to hold them or it was an empty meaningless threat that makes me look stupid.

As far as 90 days... We are at like 112 days or so with no response. I would rather not anger the guy. He usually keeps me pretty busy. But there is always another buyer.

Go See Him.

There could be a reasonable explanation for why he doesn't answer the number you have for him.

In Person is better than over the phone.

Simple, find out where he lives and deliver them, drop them right in front of his garage door. Not returning calls for 3 months, somethings up, sounds like he is ducking someone.

Simple, find out where he lives and deliver them, drop them right in front of his garage door. Not returning calls for 3 months, somethings up, sounds like he is ducking someone.

Yeah I would feel better doing that then just send him a bill for moving them. I imagine the cold has him really busy. A lot of trees that were not accessible before are now

I had a guy storing something on my property. He paid for 6 months storage in advance and then disappeared. After 3 years and no reply to sent letters, I picked through his belongings(garbage) and scrapped the rest. That was 12 years ago.
The plan has always been, if the clown show up wanting his stuff I'll explain I came home one day and it was gone. I figured he was the one who had come and taken it. At that point I will present him with an unpaid bill for storage.
My advice, do what you want with the logs. You came home one day and they were gone.

Im going to give him till Friday to contact me. Im going to contact the office and other buyer he has. If no reply by Friday well I guess he really don't want them. Hard to believe that he doesn't want $2500 worth of logs.

Im going to give him till Friday to contact me. Im going to contact the office and other buyer he has. If no reply by Friday well I guess he really don't want them. Hard to believe that he doesn't want $2500 worth of logs.

Do these have anything to do with 40" walnut logs sold and moved back in Sept
or is this something else ?

Hmm... Are these the same logs? I quote:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/14ft-black-walnut-40-on-small-end.243442/page-2
So the verdict is in. $6564.90 for one tree. Would of been more he said but he left it as it sat instead of cutting it shorter. Its going as conference table tops. Ive never seen someones eyes get so big.

He paid for them already I assume? You've given him plenty of time. If they are not too stained or beat up, sell em to someone else. Maybe the guy is dead. Sounds like you are free and clear at this point.

I would hope not the guy is young. And no the big log was picked up in like October with a crane. I think the bodies are on Facebook but I'm not sure because of the size of the video

I would hope not the guy is young. And no the big log was picked up in like October with a crane. I think the bodies are on Facebook but I'm not sure because of the size of the video

So did you get paid?

There must have been some $$$ tied up in the crane?

So did you get paid?

There must have been some $$$ tied up in the crane?
The log in my profile pick is the big log. I was paid for it the same day it was moved and he paid for the crane. The issue is the logs that are on my property from a different site. I have two more like the profile pic

So, this buyer has shelled out 6565 and taken possession of those logs.
Then has bought 2500 logs and left these on your property, where there are blocking your day to day work ?
If this has happened inyears before with same buyer, work it out.
Otherwise, Evict the logs. 10 days.

I've seen crazier stuf then this.

The log in my profile pick is the big log. I was paid for it the same day it was moved and he paid for the crane. The issue is the logs that are on my property from a different site. I have two more like the profile pic

Congratulations on the sale. I was skeptical at first.

Back