Chainsaw idiots.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad has an electric chainsaw, and it works just fine for his occasional use. Batteries aren’t cheap! It’s easy enough to run a couple of extension cords. If he has something bigger he needs cut down or runs into a situation That set up won’t work for him, he gives me a call.

One time I lent my chainsaw to a good friends dad Who sounded like he knew how to run a saw and it taught me a lesson. He got the bar stuck in a tree and bent it, as well as messing up the chain. I brought over a different bar and chain and removed the bar and got the tree down, just as the saw ran out of gas. He said he had some gas and oil mixture that’s been in his garage for a while and he still had one more trees to cut down. Yeah, no thanks. I suddenly had some place I had to be...

The day after I bought my 390xp I was taking down a bunch of poplars around my house. My dad came over and said let me run that sucker. I said ok. Hes never been the greatest at felling so I motioned to take one down that was away from the house. Glad I did. He cut the wedge way too shallow, then started cutting underneath his wedge. Needless to say the tree started to fall the wrong way. Pinched my 390 in the tree and got the tree hung up in another. Luckily I got the saw off the bar. Called my buddy who logs and told him we needed the D6. (He was clearing a lot across the road.) All ended well, but man was I jacked. Dad ended up buying me a sugihara bar to replace the bar he messed up. Bar is long gone still have the chain. Whenever he comes over to help I get it out and hand it to him. Lol

I had the firewood business up and running when my dad retired. He wanted to work with me and the boys. I told the boys to go easy on grandpa for a few days we went slow. The third day we were limbered up and I told the boys to pour it on. The next day dad didn’t show up. I called and he didn’t move from his chair. Five days later he was still in his chair. Then he told my older brothers if you want to see real work is like to cut trees with your brother,,,,,,I laughed.

Log splitter came back with a broken rod through the block and Chipper came back with a cracked block ! I wont lend anything really anymore.
That would put anyone off trying to help a man out, and make short work of a friendship.
I worked in plant hire, they would walk in with saw ceased because of straight gas,
get very angry because I messed up their day by hiring them s**t equipment,
in many cases the saws were new, tested and sent out for the first time.

That place closed, no surprise, I think the word got around that there was no penalty
for wrecking the saws, and they came in just to do it for kicks, some useless retards
out there.

Back