The best 2 stroke oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe sawdust is not hard enough to score a cylinder
So what is your theory as to how the saw went from running perfectly to becoming unusable within 1 tank immediately after changing the spark plug? The dealer said it looked like sawdust damage. And sawdust gets pretty hard if you partially burn it. Before stone arrowheads and spear tips were invented, people used to flame-harden sharpened sticks.

Wear it out eventually under continual ingestion yes, but in this case no!
Guys, this happened within 1 tankful after changing the spark plug. The new plug was an OEM replacement, properly gapped. The fuel was the same as I had been using for years, and it worked fine in the new 500i that replaced it. I do know that some sawdust got in when I removed the old plug. I figured it would just blow out quickly. I won't make that mistake again. I cannot think of another plausible explanation.

Might have been running marginally before, slow fade over years that you might not have noticed. Then that sawdust pushed it over the edge.
More like over the cliff. I do wish I had pictures. But seriously, the change was dramatic. It had plenty of power before the change. I doubt it had worn out much from normal use, as I am guessing the saw was about 10 years old. I normally cut about 6 cords per year. I don't think the 441C would wear out in 60 cords of use, which is probably around 120 hours running time.

Nah, saws don't need it.

Octane boosters barely do anything at the suggested mix ratio. Raises octane by 2-3 points doesn't mean 93 becomes 94-95, it means 93 becomes 93.2-93.3.

If you truly need the higher octane (almost nobody does), you're better off just running a higher octane fuel.
Independent nonaffiliated researcher of such things says 100:1 raises octane by 30 points/ 3 full octane. I agree, probably makes no difference unless you've got some really low rated gas or cutting in hot weather.

So what is your theory as to how the saw went from running perfectly to becoming unusable within 1 tank immediately after changing the spark plug? The dealer said it looked like sawdust damage. And sawdust gets pretty hard if you partially burn it. Before stone arrowheads and spear tips were invented, people used to flame-harden sharpened sticks.

100:1 of what? Oil?

BS.
We were talking about octane booster a minute ago.

Oil is usually expressed as a ratio.

Guess it depends on what specific chemical is being used as an octane booster. Lead would do it at considerably under 100:1.

I put in my 266XP and it gave it a little shot in the shorts! 😋

Oil is usually expressed as a ratio.lik

Guess it depends on what specific chemical is being used as an octane booster. Lead would do it at considerably under 100:1.
I'm reading something called MMT is preferred.

Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl

I'm reading something called MMT is preferred.

Methylcyclopentadienyl manganese tricarbonyl

Maxima (23964 Castor 927 2-Stroke Premix Racing Oil @32.1 and one ounce Turbo 108! Never have any fear of ethanol rust!

Alright so which of you is selling the Turbo 108? Both?

Any oil sold at walmart mixed either 32 or 40:1 yields good results. That is my go to anymore since both my of dealers filed bankruptcy and closed for good.
I don't use any additives just regular 87 E0 and i don't have any problems.

Latest posts

Back