Choose my new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAWMIKAZE, I believe Randy said he was able to get a non C-M 261 to run a little stronger than the C-M version because he was able to advance the timing a little more on that saw. Frankly, if I had any inkling I was going to get my saws ported I would have considered a 261 more seriously. But I also think the "Porters" prefer to work on C-M (or Auto Tune) saws so folks like me can't screw up the tune.

I also know the 441 C-M responds well to porting, but have not seen anything on a non C-M 441.

Of course everyone knows the 562 also responds very well to porting, and Brads thread on a non C-M 362 gives hope for that saw also. In fact I think the C-M versions have a better air filtration system, so I hope they respond even better. If you or anyone else has any better knowledge than me about this, please share.

And not to start any argument, and I know I'm not a professional, and there are a lot of saws I have not run (but I plan to change that), but my experience with the 044 is a little different than a 310 or 390. That said, I respect you guys and your opinions.

Breaking News .... New reality TV show -
Get Yur Saws Off!
First episode saw shootout - Sithl ms362cm vs Husqvarna 562xp

Winner takes losers saw! :eek:
Plus the coveted lumberjack statue - aka OscarJack

Judges will be from Norway, Sweden, Finland and all must be AS certified - :D
.... only high test Canadian Beer will be allowed at after the competition

. . . . coming to a Youtube station near you

Oh no! Are they really going to compare Flippy Caps!!!! Don't forget to make sure the Stihl has the new Helium bar on it (not allowed in NJ).

lol - ya you're done with those flippy caps pal ! Might as well hand over the saw now! To make things easier, I'll take it off your hands and hold for the winner. :p

Wow! What a thread! I have a newly built stage one 261 with 3 tanks through it that i was considering selling for 500. Its already up to 185psi on compression. Was only gonna sell to get a 261c or a 362c but may just keep my stage one 261. I have a 441c that i love. I was thinking the 362c with a stage one mod and a 18" b/c should be pretty awesome??

I think it handles great, but then again I am used to doing everything with a 70 cc saw (044 or 441). The store I bought it in sold both Husky and Stihl, so I hefted the 362 and 562 side by side and they felt the same to me. I hear the published weight for the 562 is a bit optimistic, which would confirm how close to the same these two saws felt.

I like that the bar & chain are interchangeable with my other Stihl saws, and the operating controls on the Stihl are simpler. (Just a "start" position, no full choke, half choke, purge bubble).

The size of the 362 is very similar to the 562 and closer to the 261 than the 441. Some people think the inboard/outboard clutch thing is a big deal, others don't. I guess it depends on your preferences.

I like to run a 20" bar most of the time.

Bottom line is it will cut like a 70 cc saw (pre M-Tonic) but is a good deal lighter and easier to handle, which in my opinion makes it possibly the best all around saw in the Stihl lineup. FYI, I removed the muffler screen which I think gives it a little extra juice, that thing is so dense it must restrict the air flow.

I hear those 441 C-Ms cut very well, must be an excellent bucking saw. All the M-Tronic saws seem to run a good deal better than their non M-Tronic versions.

Where have i heard that before:dizzy:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, he asked, If you don't want to hear about the 362, don't read my posts. Not everyone has the time to go back and read old posts. If someone asks, I will respond. What the heck do you want from my life? You know my avatar, if you don't want to read it, skip it. End of story.

Just curious about the 362c. Not alot on as about the 362c and i wanted to gather as many opinions abouy that model before i made a decision on buying one. Im also.considering a dolmar 6100 as we have 2 dealera within 30 miles but would consider a 562xp but no dealer within 100 miles

Just curious about the 362c. Not alot on as about the 362c and i wanted to gather as many opinions abouy that model before i made a decision on buying one. Im also.considering a dolmar 6100 as we have 2 dealera within 30 miles but would consider a 562xp but no dealer within 100 miles
Mike loves his 362c! But the 562xp feels much better in my hands, less bulky an stuff! :D The 6100 is a good looking saw, but heavier than the other two I think. You need to get somewhere and hold all three saws...

Breaking News .... New reality TV show -
Get Yur Saws Off!
First episode saw shootout - Sithl ms362cm vs Husqvarna 562xp

Winner takes losers saw! :eek:
Plus the coveted lumberjack statue - aka OscarJack

Judges will be from Norway, Sweden, Finland and all must be AS certified - :D
.... only high test Canadian Beer will be allowed at after the competition

. . . . coming to a Youtube station near you

Is this for real? Have seen a 560xp vs ms362 showdown on YouTube, but the wood was too small. Can't really see the ms362cm outcutting the 562xp, but watta I know?

Latest posts

Back