Choose my new saw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speaking of 562xp ... anyone ever have any bar oil puking after opening and closing the oil fill cap and running motor dry?

I was running my saw out of gas to put it away and when it died on empty, I opened the bar oil filer cap to make sure there was still oil, closed the cap, pulled starter cord several more times, choked it and fast idled it, pulled again, she sputtered a bit to life for a brief second or two, pulled again to try and get every last drop of gas burned up and she was done - then looked down and saw several spoon fulls of large oil globs on the ground where it had fallen directly out of the bar oiler area. Never seen this on my saws previously. Bar is tight and no crap fowling the bar holes.

I haven't been out since to see if it repeats ... any thoughts? Thanks.

Its fine mine does it too, its just dripping off the chain.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's some large drips ... probably 3 - 5 Tablespoons full :eek:

Granted this saw needs and uses more oil than I'm used to, but does it really puke this much every time or could it also have been a cap-open/cap-closed air lock vacuum release effect?

My oiler is set to medium.

First tank didn't do this - but I didn't run it dry and open and close the chain oil cap at the end, I just left the residual fuel in it.

Mine doesn't do it all the time. Yes it could've put pressure in the tank and it pushed what was in the line out. But yes the 562 puts out plenty of oil with a 20" mine is on low and its fine.

Mine doesn't do it all the time. Yes it could've put pressure in the tank and it pushed what was in the line out. But yes the 562 puts out plenty of oil with a 20" mine is on low and its fine.

Thanks for the feedback - Husky Manual says 20" and up to use on Maximum oil, but I'll try on low and see how she works.

Mountain, I did not really notice it on my 441 until my brother gave me one of those plastic cases to keep in in. Every time I pulled the saw out of that plastic case I was surprised how much oil was in the bottom of that case, but the saw always ran well and did not run out of oil before the gas was empty, so I left it like it was.

Bottom line, I think it's normal. I would keep an eye on it, but I don't think it is a problem.

Glad to hear it. My client tonight had numerous saws including a 555 that he really likes. Also had an old Stihl 017, I had never seen one of them before. After tax season I'm going to bring my saws over there and try out that 555. He has a 24" bar on it, there are some big Oak trees on his property (in CT).

So ash man, did you ever get the problem with your 562 worked out?

If he has 24" bar on his 555 or even 20" its no comparison for your 362. If you want a direct comparison you need to run it against and 562xp

I know a 555 does not have the power of a 562, but it felt like a nice lite saw and he said "come on over and try it". Frankly, my saws will be ported by then, and I think he wants to try them out to decide if he should get his saw ported. A 555 running a 24" bar would likely really benefit from porting. Do you agree?

Yes Mike I sold my ported 036 pro and bought a woods ported 2260 from terry. The 036 was probably a stronger saw , but overall I like the 2260 more. Way better av and air filter. The off idle hesitation seems to be lessoning.

It'll pull it and porting will help but i wouldn't even run a 24" all the time on my 562

my ported 2260 runs a 20" bar, my 372 has a 24" bar on it. Personally I like the weight to power of my dolmar 7900 with a 28" bar :)

I generally like a 20" bar for most uses, but every now and then you wish you had something bigger. My brother's 460 is also a strong saw, but I'm hoping after the 044 is ported it will be just as strong and maybe a little faster. I may keep a spare 24 or 28 inch bar around just for when I need it.

Do you guys know why a 555 (with the same size motor as the 562) is lighter, but has less power? Is it something that porting would cure or does it just have less fuel coming in?

Back