Echo Dealer Says My Trimmer and Blower Need New Carburetors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just have to give my two cents. Echo makes dam good equipment, I have 10 pieces of stihl equipment and 3 pieces of Echo equipment, run the the crap out of them, 99% of the time if I have problems it is carb related. It has nothing to do with the brand of equipment you need to learn how to clean the carb or change it out, very simple. By the way when I store my equipment, I fill them up with fuel, helps keep condensation forming in the tank. They sit for several months before I start them again and they run fine. (I have a lawn service and have been doing this for years.) Don't change brands, Echo is great equipment. Japanese made. Everything will get trash in it sooner or later. I would put Echo up against any of the major brand. Great equipment for the money.

Not sure what to say... but find a new dealer or lean the basics of saw repair. Many guys here would have both units up & running properly for under $30 not $300.

My carb shaft broke in my echo blower. My dealer replaced the carb for around 50$, if memory works for me. Not covered under warranty.

I've yet to ever have to replace a carb on any piece of my O P E.
I somehow had a witch's brew fuel mix in my Stihl 025, so I bought both a repair kit and a Chinese replacement carb. Carb had Lo and Hi adjustments so I replaced rather than rebuild. I still have the OEM carb and the kit but saw runs great with the replacement. All my other 2 cycle equipment is running the original carb.

I've heard of shops selling new carbs when the one on the machine is perfectly fine and can be cleaned and rebuilt. Some will keep the carbs and clean and rebuild them on slow days then turn around and sell them as new to other customers. From a labor standpoint it's cheaper to replace the carb and if the carb is cheap enough is often the cheaper option. Clean and rebuilt at $100/hr is going to cost more than replacing it with a new $25 carb.

Back