get together this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi guys i guess John and i are going to get together this weekend done at his place and run somesaws and video then for the site , if anyone wants to come just email me and i will tell you where to go
the wood size should be around 12in to 14 in for the bigger saws
10 to 12 in for the little saws
we would like to see guys there just for fun
ps being lots of clothes

John has come along way on running a racesaw now so he should be able to hold his own
the only problem is he has bigger saws than me to play with
i am only going to bring the 346 and 357 maybe a 3120 stroker ,it depends on the cold for the stroker

Hi Ed, ya, it's going to be cold, but it's no biggy though, cause the heated garage is only a few feet away.
Welcome one and all. And remember, this ain't no fairy tale. lol
It would be nice if I had a 357 too Ed, but the competition is getting too thick I believe, so until then, I guess saws are floating in space, sorta like the Sputnik.
And why wouldn't they be?
John

I like that cartoon :D

Cutting firewood is a money loosing back busting job I will only cut firewood by the hour if I get 20 per hour I will buck firewood ;)

u boys get on down with it.. im sure most of us would love to just stand around an watch the goin ons..but the heated garage wood be necessary..
it either be that,, or spend my time lugging logs all over the dang place to keep warm..i knowu would love to have a u a mule working while u relaxed sippin whatever u pleasure is.. yall have a god time an ritus a letter ,,i mean take us some pics.. if u get u camera thawed out.. i assume u heated keyboards an saws workin fine..:)

you have a 357 ?
where i never seen it , it would be nice if you did then we can compare apples to apples not some little piss assed 57 cc to a 250 honda, it just some how does not seem fair?

I may drop by John and Ehp.
What time will you guys be starting up the saws?
Tony

Yeah Dennis; now John's going to get mad at John and Ed for letting the secret out. I suspect that either John won't show up at it his own place, or we'll get reports of woods modded 2100's with bad carbs beating alcohol burning full race 3120 strokers. 15 frame per second still cameras in "movie mode" will be passed off as frame-accurate video for "proof". Just another meaningless publicity stunt here.:eek:

Zypo, you have the biggest yap from Oakville to Owen Sound.
Get a grip will you, there are certian unsavory characters I don't want around here, like Rich Hoffman, Dozer Dunn, Woodsjunkie and Silly Putty, not to mention that creep Cahoon.
How are you going to win any races if you invite the competition?
John

if you got any of those wood 's 2100 that will be a 3120 stroker , how much do you want for it and how many of them do you have.

no it is just for fun and to keep in shape for running saws later on
Now John, Dennis can come , i would like to see what he thinks of our lovely weather here, it is just beautiful here 31 below this morning

Originally posted by John Lambert
Zypo, you have the biggest yap from Oakville to Owen Sound.
Get a grip will you, there are certian unsavory characters I don't want around here, like Rich Hoffman, Dozer Dunn, Woodsjunkie and Silly Putty, not to mention that creep Cahoon.
How are you going to win any races if you invite the competition?
John

Thanx John for the ringing endorsement!;)

I'd sure like to take in the festivities but it is seven hours drive from home to Gypos. The fire in the woodstove would likely be out when I returned or more likely the wife would have found another old geiser to stuff the stove so I better pass this one.

Frank

The firewood business is working out very well for me. Secret is, having a couple good saws, a compact 4x4 tractor with a front end loader, a 6,000 LB capacity dual axle trailor, and a wife who is willing to run the tractor!! We are cutting about $400.00 per week during the cold seasons, and we are only out cutting about 2 hours per day. Its great!!:)

John how much wood do i need to bring?
have you got the 2100KD ready again or are we running it next time
i have got some nice white wood here , i think it is the frost that is making it white but it cuts ok
you should let woodsjunkie come so we can see how far his 346 is behind your 346KD
it is on sunday , i have to talk to John and see when on sunday because i am not sure if any of you know this but he is a preacher also, besides a chainsaw racer guru and i am not sure when he is out of church but i would think noon should be okay . i am sure he will let us know if different
any luck finding a 357 John ?

Hi Ed, I'm all pumped up and ready. WJ can come as can everyone else. No 357 as yet, but should have one soon.
12 oclock sounds good. Tony, come on over. Jenson 3000, bring the whole crew, even Newton.
For directions call John at: 905 702 8357.
John

dang john u full o surprises .. or was that a joke bout u preaching.. never tried it myself.. but showing u butt on the forum dont, in my opinion make u disqualified to preach..:) are u preachin bout saws or people or theology or what.. none o my buisiness so if u dont answer ,,i consider the subject closed..just curious.:angel: :D

Gypo, Always pull your tape before bucking the butt off!, and ring your cut or underbuck to avoid slabbing. You must be practicing your racing cuts for this weekend. Good Luck! Dennis

Hi Dennis, the nice thing about the slabbing is that I have instant firewood, plus when I leave the tape in it wraps around the log as it rolls downhill. This way choking the log isn't neccessary, I just clip it on to the mainline.
John

Back