get together this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Gypo i am in a heat wave here, what kind of camera do i need to show a picture of the temp gauge
it is sunday morning 7 oclock 32 below F or minus 34.5 celius so i will be leaving before 8 , hope it is alot warmer there

Hi Chris, glad you made it home ok, the other boys just left so I have time to tell lots of lies before they get home.
Anyway, here is my favourite movie, it's Mike with his 066 and your puppy tries to take over the show.
John

Thanks

John: Brian and I had a real good time and enjoyed your and Suzie's hospitility. Best of all seeing all those kick-ass saws in action was a real inspiration! Its REALLY Too bad my camcorder was dead after 5 min. Thanks again to both of you and Frank, Chris and Ed, look forward to and hope to get together again real soon! Mike

Hi Mike, glad you had fun, we all had a great time too.
Ben, to answer your question, I won the 346 race with my KD piped saw, it was too cold to run the 346EHP on alcohol.
Here is the KD 346 cutting a frozen 11" basswood with Art Martin chain, which is way better than any barbwire Dennis Cahoon could pump out.
John

Here is a nice little 357EHP woodsaw that is destined for Ohio. When it's broken in and fitted with a pipe, it will really get up and talk.
John

Hey John thanks for having us hillbilly's done to your place , but next time i say lets have a show , if there is snow on the ground kick me in the nuts, unless we are running gas only, i didnot show much power today because of the cold and not wanting to break anything , there was no $1000 first place prize so save parts ,if i had put the pipe on the 346 i now it would ofcut but both john and i figure save the little thing until it warms up
i did do a couple of 3/4 throttle passes with the 371 in the .8 second range of a lot less nitro
Ken Dunn your 385 worked quite well geared up and chained well but your 066 worked better just had to put it good hands, it ran strong but the best was the 346KD it ran as fast as the 385,we have it working boys so you better go back and try to find that 2 seconds you need to knock off your time. the wood was HARD to say the least just ask anybody that cut it. Yes the 357 needs sometime on it being new and all but was only 2 tenths behind the 385KD plus i need to gear it and it will be geared by morning , i guess i was not thinking on how to get around this small spline problem but have that figured out now so i can run big spline gears now. It was nice to meet you guys and i hope you had fun playing . you know i like the part where you go to someones place , cut lots of cookies , then leave put like i said thanks John and Susie lets do it again

Hey Gypo, Good to see you got your head out of that undercut and started having some fun. Besides that, those videos of you felling pecker poles and setting chokers was getting old! Now, if I sell you one of those $700US chains of mine, you would have cut that wood in 1.2 instead of 1.8. It does look like you're cutting better than the first time I saw you make those salami cuts in Oroville. What I can't believe, is you saying you beat everybody at Clearwater last year. Looks to cold there for me. Dennis

Dennis it was alot warmer there than anywhere else that i heard of even 1 hour north of John's when i was coming down at 10 in the morning was minus 34 C on the radio which is like 30 below F,got to John's and it was only minus 10 C , that was the warmest i have been in a while , i guess those pep talks seem to work , John cut well to day and no pushing to hard , just like he knew what he was doing

congrats fellas ..looklike a contender to be beat by any with aspirations of being the best.. real impressive.. thanks for givin us a look see.

Looks like you guys had a good time to bad it was so cold would have liked to see the alcohol saws run.. Sure wish I could have made it.
John I see Ed got you to change your pipe on the 346 that sure isn’t the same one that it had on it! It’s defiantly stronger now! Anyway looks like they all ran well even the Stihl LOL.
I’m patiently awaiting getting together with Gypo to get this 346 race DONE out of the way I think when it comes down to apples to apples its going to be close. And why wouldn’t it be. Its suppose to be in the low 30’s hear today ye ha.
Is their more vid. to come?

Hi Dennis, I finaly got my head unstuck, they had to winch me out.
Mike I was surprised at how the 066 KD was faster than the 385 KD. The husky always sounded stronger. The 066 above was a stock one that got faster the more Ed took down the rakers.
Hi Eric, the original pipe got broken so we got a duplicate with a few small changes. More vids to come.
Dennis, send me a chain and we will have another Great Chain Race, you against Art, using the 346EHP alky., but just for fun, don't make me come out there and break up any fights or hissy fits.
Pal John

Great Chain Race

Gypo,
Hey what a great idea a T.F chain against A.M chain sound like fun to me. Just hope it doesn’t turn out like the last time Walt was a hell of a man.
I think I have a good idea about the pipe………..
In this last video am I to assume that’s an eph 371? What ever it is its d@mn fast
might give my 372 a good run.......

Hi Eric, yes that was the 371ehpa. Although not warm enough it still ran good.
Here is my 088KD woodsaw with a KD chain and 9 pin sprocket.
John

Looks like you guys had a great day, once the started up!
Sorry I had to go before the cutting started.
Thanks for the invite John, we enjoyed meeting everyone
Tony

Eric that was a 371 but i had 10% less nitro in it than normal plus i donot think i ever got over 3/4 throttle , no need to break
i cut in the .8's an .9's second range but if i had to for a race i would of been in the .5's with that frozen wood
the 346 nitro saw when warmer will show it's power and will cut that in the 1.0's or less , not bad for 45 cc

Fun Time

Thanks John and Susie;

Had a great time, my first look at competition level saws and operators in action. I won the Geritol class hands down with Gypo a distant second! My saws were pouting and would cut consistently half a second faster for everyone else than me at the helm. Hmmmm. It definitely takes three things to beat those guys. A good motor, a good chain, and an operator with the right touch!

John and Ed disappeared into town with some kind of a lame excuse about starting fluid or something and sent Chris and I to cut down a tree for cookie cutting. Chris wouldn't be satisfied with any tree closer than a hundred yards from the trail and made me carry the chunks out since he said he did all the work felling and bucking! I am learning a lot about chainsaw buckarroo's. They are slipprier than a candlemakers c---k! Don't believe a thing they say.

Frank

Latest posts

Back