get together this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ccicora

ccicora

Addicted to ArboristSite
crofter,
Are you still mad at me? I'm sorry my ROUND filed chain topped your SQUARE filed chain by that much. If John could of kept his mouth shut I could of gotten away with it!

More later,
Chris

PS our puppy is a golden retriever named Nyssa

ehp

Addicted to ArboristSite
but Chris you were not comparing apples to apples on motors so not a fair race but how about his 365 with just muffler mods , it ran great and his chain cut good
yes we did go in to town to get new tie down straps and i knew we did not need anymore wood than what i brought so all that other wood is still sitting there

ehp

Addicted to ArboristSite
Crofter you cut well am with a little work you will be there right with us , you were just doing what everyone else thinks you need to do push, and you seen that pushing does not work for fast times,
i had a little time this morning so i geared up the 357 and it cut the bigger end of the block in 1.7's so it is faster geared up. i am starting to like this saw ,with a pipe and on nitro this thing would be very fast, even just on muffler with nitro it would be fast

Crofter

Crofter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Haliburton Hickory

Ed brought down some wood for us to cut that he claims was basswood. I think its father was a HICKORY! At least John had his pieces in by the stove.

Chris, I guess I better learn to tell and 026 from an 036 before I start making serious bets eh.

Frank

ehp

Addicted to ArboristSite
that basswood is alot softer than my popular up here so that is why i brought it, you guys would of not liked the frozen popular from down by the lake where i get my wood , it and hard maple are close in frozen state , when summer hits the popular is softer
Mike the next time you come out take those da#n spikes off, you will cut half a second faster doing that just by itself

Dennis Cahoon

Dennis Cahoon

Addicted to ArboristSite
Gypo and Woodsjunkie, We have the great chain race every year the 2nd weekend in Aug. at Morton, Wa. You guys should try to make it and see where you stack up. At least the timers at Morton aren't drunk, but some of the contestants are, and if you can win the over-all you get to fight all the contestants from throwing you in the log rolling pond. I got lucky and pipped Rotex Robert last year for the chain race win and $450 big ones, art is still mad at me! I know your tricks Gypo, you just want one of my high priced chains for free, but I'm not Walt Gaylor and I'm not going no where! Your friend Dennis

ccicora

ccicora

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ed, you are right in comparing apples with apples. crofters 026 with his filed chain was right with my 036 saw and his 365 ate my 036 for a snack. Although, my 026CC ran faster than my 036 and John started babbling about it.
Although, across the group of guys that ran there saws as they cut more you could see an improvement in there speed/ technique. And I could see one of you guys sneaking into a show and upset a few guys if you have a good day. Anything can happen at these shows.

Later,
Chris

Crofter

Crofter

Addicted to ArboristSite
Originally posted by ehp
[,
i had a little time this morning so i geared up the 357 and it cut the bigger end of the block in 1.7's so it is faster geared up. i am starting to like this saw ,with a pipe and on nitro this thing would be very fast, even just on muffler with nitro it would be fast [/B]

Not even broken in yet either. It's amazing how a saw of that size can even make a 3120 nervous. Of course its not going to swing a 36" bar but it doesnt weigh 25 lbs either.

Frank

Gypo Logger

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Hi Frank, ya that was quite a job picking up those 16" sawlogs Chris poached on my neighbours property.
Dennis, I beat you to the punch, I called and talked to Annette, she's sending me a chain you had hanging on the cupboard door in the kitchen, hope you don't mind, I will send it back when done ok?
Thank you.
John

ehp

Addicted to ArboristSite
yes John that is what i cut, how come no one else was close to that time with your saw, oh ya it was that pushing thing again
to bad you didnot get a video of that 066 , the 088 was close but i think the 066 edged it out for second fastest time
066 that is my bush saw to cut trees with but in the summer time the pipe is a little hot on the arm
just to bad it was cold so i could of opened it up and ran the normal nitro amount , she was pretty rich on that low nitro number but it lived an that is what counts

ehp

Addicted to ArboristSite
John has more money than he knows what to do with so donot let him fool you, he is good at that game.
No he would not cut anymore trees with that saw because he would just have more time to take pictures to show us
Eric i am sorry , i think i have made a big mess for you guys and the great 346 race , it is not the 346 that is the problem it's John's head, man this thing is huge now ,we had to help him in threw the door of his house last night and i was not sure it was going to fit, his ears got suck in the door jam but he had a 4 wheeler there so we tied a rope around his neck and we got him in on only the 4th try
Susie did you take the rope off his neck, i am not sure what kind of knot crofter tied but it looked like those ones you hang someone with, i just drove the 4 wheeler

ccicora

ccicora

Addicted to ArboristSite
Ed, you forgot to mention the 1/2 gal of Mojo I poured over his head.

:Monkey:

Later,
Chris

So I hope those that showed could see the difference between the different stages of stock to modified saws!

woodsjunkie

woodsjunkie

Addicted to ArboristSite
You guys should of left the big head stuck in the door eventually he would have gnawed his way out and maybe by then he would have forgotten everything Ed taught him!He He
Ed it looks like you have Gypos KD346 running well defiantly a big improvement from the first videos he posted of it I don’t know what you did inside that saw Ed but obviously the pipe that’s on it now brought it to life for-sure. Now I’m going to have to spend $700.00 for a T.F. chain just so I can beat him out of a box of brew.

Last edited: