get together this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dennis bring your 500 out and tell Tom to bring his saw to , we can use your hip as a weather gauge , i wonder what i steel rod in your hip feels like at 35 below , you can tell us
now remember no saws faster than what i got , thats just not friendly to beat me so only bucksaws for you good guys , you know who you are
does anybody else have a 357 that john can run,he needs one or anybody coming got one to run
now is your camera up to speed to catch the 2100KD ,last time it was not
if i get time i will bring the meaniset 5 cu out there and it is not the 371 ,it is 25 % faster than that

What kind of wood are you cutting this weekend? I have a Lambert 222 Blade that is good for 3.4 in an 8x8?? But only if it is pumpkin soft. Don't want to hurt that blade.

Later,
Chris

i think you better put Donald 's name a head of that Lambert to be fair , i have 4 of his blades but am just starting to figure them out, iwas using way to much weight

no John will be ready to take on all newcomers and old comers as well , just wait tell you see his cold start , it is a thing of beauty
he can almost beat the saw to the wood, he would not believe me but i told him all the fastest guys use this stuff to make there cold start faster, you just put some deep heat on your little lad before you coldstart , and once it starts to work you are ready to cold start , plus on those cold days it warms you up to

I enjoy having outings like this myself.
It's a good idea to let the vistors know the rules of the saw races. For example, at the log pile make sure each cut is made 16" down the log from the last cut, and after the cut is made remove the cutoff to the log splitter and section it into 8 or 10 equal pieces, to check to see if it was a knot free piece. Once inspected for knots, carry said pieces over and neatly stack them along side the cabin.
If they know the rules, things go much smoother.

Mike:

Do you suppose that John has just figured out a clever way to get some suckers to cut his winter wood and sell them the videos for souvenirs? What a shyster. Now we know where the Gypo Logger name came from eh?

Frank

Ed, Thanks for the invite, but I can't make it. I haven't got my card yet to go around the metal detectors at the airport, but I did get the titanium hip just so I wouldn't have to worry about the cold weather. Besides that I don't have my new Whore House Chain finished yet!, and if Lambert's getting the wood I'm getting knots for sure! What do you think I've never raced in Canada before? Make sure we get some video to see, cause Lambert will be timing when he's not cutting. Anyway have fun and don't throw a rod or a chain. Dennis

I know you have raced in Canada before Dennis, but that was out in the other Canada, we have 3 canada's did you not know that
Canada 1 is B.C,
Canada 2 Quebec
Canada 3 the rest of us sorry asses
i am not using any great chains either, somehow frost and thin teeth donot go together
donot worry about getting into Canada , thats the easy part gettingback home maybe the hard part

Why?

Splain this to a novice. It looks to me like there is only about 50% of the length of hinge I would expect to see on this cut. Were the ends of the hinge clipped before the log was brought down? Is that for control or quality, not pulling fiber…..? Inquiring, damaged minds want to know.

Hope you don't mind the reuse of your shot Gypo!

Hi Rob, The hinge is small as you noted, because I cut "ears", on either side, not only to reduce it's effective dia., but mainly to discourage any fibre pull.
John

Gypo , yes you the one that lives in the banana belt, what is the weather for sunday, and how many are coming 12 to 15 or more
it would of not been a good dat here to cut those high dollar trees , man is it windy

Thanks for the invite John & Ed but unfortunately I can’t make it My father-in-law was in a fairly serious car accident. (He going to pull through fine he has a few broken bones and is banged up good but nothing life treating)
As far as showing me how far behind I am in the 346 race hopefully we can bring this to a end soon. now that I have Dan Henry motor, Dave Neiger pipe, Art Marten chain and a Tommy Fales chain for back up you had better be running on funny fuel or you out of their LOL.
Ed take that little sissy 357 down their and show Johns KD385 how it’s done…….

i plan of having that funny fuel 346 there , donot worry about it maybe your 3120 will caught it if you got one, we will video it to show you what a fast 346 is, not sure on a time for it now but i would like to cut in 11 inch round under 1 sec, we will see but the frost in the wood will so me down but will give it a good try
on the 357 against a 385 , that is a hard fight i think
the 385 is ported well and runs good so i think i maybe out gunned there , now if the 357 was on nitro , yes i would win hands down, i am quite surprized at how much power these little saws have, this 357 cuts well and has good staying power
maybe i will put on my Tommy chain , it is a .325 chassis with 3/4 teeth on it , thanks Tom i never would of thought that it would work but it does

It better be. The wife and dog are all happy about going up there.
I will be bringing up a bunch of saws it seems. With the exception of the 3120KD, the rest have round work chain on them for the frozen wood.

yep it is ago just put lots of clothes on
but i have to go down in the basemjent and talk to the 346 to see if he is going to come out and play, he doesnot like the cold buti may have to kick his ass and tell him to get out there

Hi Tony, everythings a go, so come on over. It's 19 below C or -4 F, it should warm up by Sunday noon to 10F hopefully.
Chris, I hope the map I sent gets you here, if you get lost phone Dan for directions, he's been here before.
John

Back