I'm a new arborist but with lots of experience in the woods and running chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Imma

Reaction score
I'm just curiozc why my Blake's hitch is so hard to move around in the tree with. I see people swing around and land on other branches but I weigh 140 and have to really put m weight into it . And also my line will only be touching one branch but the friction makes it more difficult. My boss moves around no problem in the tree . Maybe it's my new rope and split tail?

Little fella's get around better usin three fingered monkey fists, my favorite and most used tautline hitch, climbin DDRT.

It'll slip a bit sure. But if yu keep it dressed, and don't spaz out when it does slip a bit?

Only time I go four finger's over power lines n stuff.

New schooler's swear by their zigzags n stuff, but I'm an old school dinosaur, tryin knot to go extinct.

Jomoco

Thanks I haven't used any other than Blake's hitch and usually do at least four wraps I'll try the other friction hitches soetimes when I can. Only practice I get is on the job

Back