Is it just me or is the 038 Magnum underpowered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
36af7a3fce186d3a4f390467498db0d5.jpg

This is how i bought it. [emoji1751]‍[emoji3603] how often does yours cake up or become noticeably congested?
Not that often I usually blow it out with AIR that looks like that thing's been soaked with oil.

Mine after a few months or less
Apparently whatever changes they made to the website yesterday has everything screwed up and I can't upload pictures

Not that often I usually blow it out with AIR that looks like that thing's been soaked with oil.

Ya I’m really confused by the clues of this saws past use. It looks like like fine redwood dust around carb, then...

This petrified swamp wookie was hiding under clutch cover...
c04fadafc7888855be13faa81dad3be5.jpg

I blew the that air cleaner out (from inside out) to test but have a freshy in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I’m really confused by the clues of this saws past use. It looks like like fine redwood dust around carb, then...

This petrified swamp wookie was hiding under clutch cover...
c04fadafc7888855be13faa81dad3be5.jpg

I blew the that air cleaner out (from inside out) to test but have a freshy in the mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! That look like a hunk of bear crap

always nice to discuss n try help. one o my fav saws.
got/had 044s, lighter, faster, kinda like silver 92 vs 3406 cat, imo.

36af7a3fce186d3a4f390467498db0d5.jpg

This is how i bought it. [emoji1751]‍[emoji3603] how often does yours cake up or become noticeably congested?

that's not been cleaned in a while. the mesh filters work good for me. dont overtighten them. oil prolly come from spit back from carb, over a long time. mines dry/clean in there.
gets looked at, blown out regularly, tho.

to the op, nice to see it cuttin good.

always nice to discuss n try help. one o my fav saws.
got/had 044s, lighter, faster, kinda like silver 92 vs 3406 cat, imo.

that's not been cleaned in a while. the mesh filters work good for me. dont overtighten them. oil prolly come from spit back from carb, over a long time. mines dry/clean in there.
gets looked at, blown out regularly, tho.

to the op, nice to see it cuttin good.
Time for a velocity stack with a green weenie filter. You'll have to hold your hand down over it while you pull the rope a few rotations to prime it.

Let's see if it'll let me post pictures of my new caps
7 pages for nothing... glad you found out your saw's cutting after all.
I wouldn't say for nothing I don't think the saw is as good as it could be and it doesn't cut small stuff very well. I still say it's a dog it just has a little more torque

7 pages for nothing... glad you found out your saw's cutting after all.
What it really boils down to is that was the only saw with with a good chain on it. I didn't realize how screwed up the other chains were because when I was cutting these logs laying on the dirt. I got too close

Well I have a relatively big job that's probably going to take me a couple weeks. Some big pine trees... so I'm going to take this saw out and really really put the boots to it today. I might even drag out the McCulloch super 250. it's a bunch of wet Ponderosa Pine and the other saws did not like it yesterday. normally I don't like messing around with stuff this big because it doesn't make good firewood. I don't have a log splitter. But it's all free wood and it's not often that somebody with 2 Acres of trees wants you to clean it up for free

Hmm, big wood that doesn't make good firewood and you're not gonna get paid to "clean it up"? Yeah, I'm glad people don't want of me very often. I'd get pretty tired of saying NO!

Hmm, big wood that doesn't make good firewood and you're not gonna get paid to "clean it up"? Yeah, I'm glad people don't want of me very often. I'd get pretty tired of saying NO!
I pulled out the chainsaw Mill and milled slab earlier today. but other than that it's a giant waste of time as far as making any money this firewood season and the stuff is so big but I have to cut it in half with a saw because I don't have a log splitter I'm pretty green when it comes to all this crap hell I just fell my first tree today that was some scary ****

It must have took 30 minutes to cut the second pass and of course it came out looking like a ****ing french fry with ridges20181114_152711.jpg 20181114_154844.jpg 20181114_142839.jpg

Reminds me of a guy who offered to let me slick off his fence line (Boxies) for firewood. I said I'd keep it in mind but had all I can manage atm.

Reminds me of a guy who offered to let me slick off his fence line (Boxies) for firewood. I said I'd keep it in mind but had all I can manage atm.
So there's one more tree to cut down and I'm going to leave it because what am I going to do with 16 to 20 inch rounds I loaded up my diesel truck the other day full of rounds never have I ever been able to make that truck notice a difference and let me tell you man that would must have weighed a ton because I could feel it was in the truck so I'm going to finish cutting up what's left out there and he can deal with the one tree but I guess the neighbor came over and talked to me the other day and somebody else down the road needs a tree cut down but I don't have enough experience to be falling trees unless it's in an area where there's nothing I can hit

I had seen it done so many times that I thought I knew how to do it. I made my face cut and I didn't really do it right it was too low down on the tree. anyway I realized the tree was leading up to the hill so I made another face cut and tried to copy how the other tree stump was cut when I realized I had no clue what the hell I was doing. Reality dawned on me this was very unsafe because let's face it people die all the time thinking they know what they're doing. The tree ended up falling up the hill instead of down the hill. It landed in between the limbs of an oak tree other than that I have to go out there and cut down the limbs of the oak tree and clean up the rest of my crap. I'd almost be embarrassed to post the pictures of it. so I'm not going to cut down the other tree I'm done cutting trees until I can work with somebody else that has the proper experience to show me how to do it right
Good call.

Ps, what was scary about that 1st tree you fell?

Back