log splitter control valve on sale... this one good???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
reg $120 on for $80 .
max pressure 3600 psi
max cont flow is 9gpm

or

auto vaalve that returns the cylinder
max pressure 2750 psi
max flow 25 gpm
relief setting 2200 psi

3/4 in and out
1/2 work ports

$77

I am not concerned about the auto return safety issues as i have used this type and as a one man op it saves time.
I also dont drink beer when i split wood like my 1 armed uncle that lost his arm cleaning out a bailer while finishing his 12th beer.
now all he does is drink beer and do anything he can with a motor.
last year we found him under his ford tempo with pee all over the place and i am sure a pile in his shorts after he got the idea he could fix his loose muffler and the cylinder floor jack fell to the side and pinned him.
entertaining guy at xmas supper though.

shayne

Got a relief setting for the first option?

Otherwise:
Option 1 would allow higher cylinder forces but at a slower speed obviously with only 9 gpm

Option 2 would only allow a pressure up to 2200 before you go over relief but much faster cyl speeds.

What can your system provide is the question?
For example if 3600 psi on a 3" bore cylinder, you could get close to a maximum force of 25000 lbs. But if only 2200 psi, you could only get 15,000 lbs.

Without knowing, I would say take option 2. Line size isn't that important if you aren't running long hose lengths or maxing out fluid velocities.

I have option 2 on its way.
option 1 i was told at the store is for a lift in a truck or platform.
the second one is what they sell for splitters.
thanks

shayne

Latest posts

Back