Mildly annoying events today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I wandered into the shop this morning and a rather alarming chain of events had transpired

Why is it so smokey in here? What is this on the floor? a piece of light fixture? WHy is there a puddle of antifreeze in front of the Chevy? Why does it smell like there was a :blob2: in here? Because there was a FIRE in here, dummy.

Ok, what got burned up. THe front clip of the Chevy is kinda cooked, my LED bulbs are melted, I have a bunch of cracked windows. It got hot in here...

On the shelf above the inferno was a pair of CHAINSAWS.

THe 440 is burned up bad. I will need about everything to fix it.
THe 460 that was ported by Brad, is burned up real badly too.

Thankfully the 064 was in the truck outside, and the masterminded 461 was on other side and ok.
THe 660 was on the floor, got kind a cooked the airfilter is melted some, handle as well.

I wonder if I can find enough parts to fix the 440??

I figured the cause was the fuel line on the Chevy started to drip (dribble?) after I called it a night of wrenching on the thing (pulling apart the engine). Well, with a little time you end up with a puddle (unknown amount) of fuel on the ground. Eventually the vapors in the shop reach 1.4 to 7% and now all we need is a point of ignition... WHich happened to be a PROPANE fired refrigerator on the other side of the shop! Oh ****... I would actually imagine a fireball like that it would not actually take very long for it to use up all the available oxygen in the building. But it got HOT! Then, even after the fire died there was plenty of fuel in the air at high temperature, add some fresh air and blow the lid off the place?? OMG.

The 440 is a mess. I am not sure about it. I just might find another 460 and move Brad's cylinder to another saw... the 660 I will order a few parts for, it will be fine for now.

This is WHY you keep a few saws around. WHen dumb stuff happens you are not completely dead in the water.

Back