My Best Score in 2014.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a 3ft x 5ft double sided sign. I got it from a STIHL dealer and the guy said they were simply just tired of moving it/tripping over it.

All it really needed was a little TLC. The electric on it was all dry rotted and it was just dirty. So took it apart, rewired the electric, installed some new eyebolts, washed the two sign inserts, blew it out with compressed air, shop-vac'd any remaining loose debris, wiped down the bulbs and put it back together. Plug it in and everything works.

It looks like a 028 to me, and the trimmer I am not sure. It also looks like they tried to illustrate the wrap handle with rubber on it. So it is not an early early 028 but definitely early. So can anyone possibly pinpoint an approximate year this may have been made?

There is a tag on the side of it but it is almost all worn away from when it was hanging up and something was rubbing against it.

Found this pic of an 028...

View attachment 394513
C-2-L.jpg

IMG_1424-M.jpg

If you wanna sell that sign......or do some trading. I'd like to have it in my new shop when it's finished.

Back