Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran across some Skil chainsaw parts on feePay, and haven't been able to find any useful info. Since Pioneer? Patner? made several saw models for Skil, I figured this might be the best place to ask :help:.

Skil Chainsaw Crank 74357 | eBay

Skil Chainsaw Crank Piston Kit Piston w Pin Rod | eBay

Skil Chainsaw 180646 Piston Kit Rod w Pin Piston Clips Bearings | eBay

An interesting strategy--Relist the unsold parts with a $10.00 price increase (were $14.99, now $24.99). I wonder if the seller received some info that he isn't sharing.

An interesting strategy--Relist the unsold parts with a $10.00 price increase (were $14.99, now $24.99). I wonder if the seller received some info that he isn't sharing.

After clicking on the links I see that the piston that comes with the rod that looks like a ring, that fits the 1612-1614-1616 series saws, the ones that look like the older Frontier series saws. The bigger crank is out of a saw the size of a 340 and the same with the last piston shown.

farm saw coil help

I have two farm saws that I posted about a couple weeks ago. Making one as a Christmas present for a friends FIL.
Both came with the same blue coil. Both produce no spark. I got one from another member here. No spark.
Am I doing something wrong in testing?
Air gap set at .010, kill switch wire removed, ground wire attached through mounting screw, 3 different spark plugs tested. Two were new.
I'm turning the motor over with the flywheel nut and cordless drill, holding the plug on the cyl. Tried with both saws in case the flywheel could have anything to do with it.

I know the coil is a weak link but this is frustrating.

I have two farm saws that I posted about a couple weeks ago. Making one as a Christmas present for a friends FIL.
Both came with the same blue coil. Both produce no spark. I got one from another member here. No spark.
Air gap set at .010, kill switch wire removed, ground wire attached through mounting screw, 3 different spark plugs tested. Two were new.
I'm turning the motor over with the flywheel nut and cordless drill, holding the plug on the cyl. Tried with both saws in case the flywheel could have anything to do with it.

That is not surprising with those old blue coil/modules, sounds like you have it mounted correctly.

I don't know if anyone in southern British Columbia wants to chase these, but I can tell you if I was closer than 400 miles away, I would already have them in my truck.

Save me before I consider having them shipped!!:msp_biggrin:

3 chainsaws

dam. no help from me on that. too far, different country. but, dam! i think you really should get em shipped. you know you'll regret it if you don't.

dam. no help from me on that. too far, different country. but, dam! i think you really should get em shipped. you know you'll regret it if you don't.

Geez, man!! I guess I can't expect much CAD intervention from this group.

I just came home with a pickup load of saws yesterday, so I better sit this one out. :msp_biggrin:

I don't know if anyone in southern British Columbia wants to chase these, but I can tell you if I was closer than 400 miles away, I would already have them in my truck.

3 chainsaws

Not far from Lawrence but he does not check in here much anymore and he`s kinda getting out of the chainsaw thing. Good price for all those saws but I am on the opposite side of NA.

3 chainsaws

400 Miles
Thats a one day turn and burn.
I have gone further for less
I am having trouble talking the wife into the trip
Always remember it is easier to beg for forgiveness then asking premission

I have an orange coil that local saw shop (used to be a pioneer dealer) thought was to the farm lite saw. Can I push the coil off the mount (not sure what to call it) plate and insert the mounting plate from the farmsaw? The blue coils do slide apart easily. Not sure if the orange one would and I don't want to damage the orange coil as it's just a loaner from the shop. Shop owner said $20 if it will work.

I have an orange coil that local saw shop (used to be a pioneer dealer) thought was to the farm lite saw. Can I push the coil off the mount (not sure what to call it) plate and insert the mounting plate from the farmsaw? The blue coils do slide apart easily. Not sure if the orange one would and I don't want to damage the orange coil as it's just a loaner from the shop. Shop owner said $20 if it will work.

If it really did come off a FarmliteII it would be the same coil/module that fits the Farmsaw. They were not orange, actually I have not seen an orange one on a Pioneer. I often swap coil units from one saw to another by sliding the coil off the laminate frame and onto another as long as the center post through the unit is the same size.

Young fellow and his dad stopped by this afternoon. He has a 6-20 (620??) that signs off after twenty or thirty minutes of cutting. No spark. Let it cool down and it starts right up for another 20 minute round. I told him the coil was going short or open from the heat. Sound right?

Being it is an old devil is it hard to find a coil?

I havn't seen the saw yet.

Carl.

Young fellow and his dad stopped by this afternoon. He has a 6-20 (620??) that signs off after twenty or thirty minutes of cutting. No spark. Let it cool down and it starts right up for another 20 minute round. I told him the coil was going short or open from the heat. Sound right?

Carl.

Shouldn't be hard to find. Phelon or Wico ignition (I can't remember)--shouldn't be hard to find a replacement coil to swap onto the core.

Chris B.

Carl.

My guess would be the condenser, it was the first thing that went in that model of saw, I have never seen a coil go bad on them but who knows with a saw that old.

Sorry it took so long Jeff, I've been super busy. I checked today and the P41 piston and rings have considerable wear on them. Sorry.
No problem. I found a P41 parts saws with a bad ignition, That was the better way to go.

Extra P60 Saws

DSCF12931_zps7e030ab3.jpg

These are a couple of extra P 60 saws I have, also an extra Farmsaw and P12. Anyone wanting to trade I need a Pioneer P52 and a Pro 525. Anything IEL or Pioneer considered, Signs, tools etc etc.

Latest posts

Back