Sportfury's DCS6401 Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportfury70

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So, I posted about this guy in the You Suck 2017 thread:
IMG_0784_zpskyvmqhtp.jpg

And I've got some questions.
1. Limited coil right?
2. Doesn't need an MM, right?

While you guys are confirming those, I cleaned it up:
IMG_0786_zps7c63ffqs.jpg

Bar was worn, chain shot, crap caked everywhere. Set the rails, put a spare chain on, took the paint off, and oiled the bar.

Been trying to tune it and noticed three things.

One is that the chain jerks at low idle, can I just get clutch springs, do I have to get a whole new clutch?

When attempting to adjust low mixture, it'll lean out and speed up as intended, but no matter how far I turn the screw out, it won't bog/over fuel. I checked for air leaks at the carb, found the bellows and gaskets to be in good shape. High screw had a limiter on it, will be removing that at a later date.

Last, this thing oils like crazy! But I think that might be due to the clutch always being almost on.

I intended to put an OEM 7900 P&C on it, and get the HD filter kit at some point. And a 24"bar.

Comments and suggestions welcome!

So I called the 3 Dolmar "dealers" here on the island for parts. First one said they only have a few boxes of misc parts, second is closed, and the third didn't know what a dolmar was...

I'm looking for the HD kit, matching black front cover, new fuel filter, and a clutch or clutch springs. None of the online retailers I found have all of the above, and I hate ordering from several different places at once. Anyone here a dealer that can shoot me a PM for a quote shipped to 11901?

So I called the 3 Dolmar "dealers" here on the island for parts. First one said they only have a few boxes of misc parts, second is closed, and the third didn't know what a dolmar was...

I'm looking for the HD kit, matching black front cover, new fuel filter, and a clutch or clutch springs. None of the online retailers I found have all of the above, and I hate ordering from several different places at once. Anyone here a dealer that can shoot me a PM for a quote shipped to 11901?
Hit up the guy I tagged in my last post.

Fordf150 has always been more than helpful. I bought my HD kit and a few other parts. Great prices and super fast shipping. I'm actually about to order a whole saw or two from him next week:)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I did a compression and vac test today.
IMG_0788_zpsdesbjm5y.jpg

Took a while to build compression, pulled the muffler and found some light scoring. Not too worried about it though, once it got past 110 it built compression like a champ, and 170 ain't bad.

However, it wouldn't hold a vacuum. I pulled the bellows off and found out the boot had split under the hose clamp. Didn't notice it earlier because it's kind of a pain to remove. I'll be needed a new bellows tho, so no cutting this weekend :( At least I know why it wouldn't richen up now.

Once I removed the bellows it held, so the crank seals and gaskets are still good.

Gonna try to order some parts this weekend.

Fordf150 has always been more than helpful. I bought my HD kit and a few other parts. Great prices and super fast shipping. I'm actually about to order a whole saw or two from him next week:)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I got all my Dolmar parts from him. Good guy, good CS. He forgot a part in one of my orders, I told him around 3pm (when I opened the box) and he wound up shipping me two more the same day.

You have to tune it past the limiter or it will be a dog.
Tune it to the limiter then a little bit past it.
You got it.

Hey, that smurf you built and decided to keep, did it have an AM kit or OEM? One side of me wants to stick with the comfort of OEM, but the other just wants to keep building this thing for as little $$ as possible.

You got it.

Hey, that smurf you built and decided to keep, did it have an AM kit or OEM? One side of me wants to stick with the comfort of OEM, but the other just wants to keep building this thing for as little $$ as possible.
It is a am bb cylinder but a oem is very little more,25-30$ difference
It runs good but a oem cylinder will generally be stronger.

One more question, who's Carl? Is he MMS? I know Nate is over at OPE, and he responded to my PM so I'll probly order my first batch from him soon.

Latest posts

Back