Stihl 028 WB Rebuild | Full Restoration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me you cut some wood with that tank? I know you said it was going to be a shelf rider but if you put gas and oil in it I hope you at least cut with it?

I've been bitten by that same "starter cord too long snake". Only 6" too long will do it.

You and I both have a beautiful saw, but yours is cleaner than mine was when it left the factory 15 years ago. Let's keep them for awhile and show this Forum what they can cut and produce. :clap:

The "Made in West Germany" nameplate arrived this week from Australia... A big thanks to WheresWally!
So here are the final pics. It turned out better than I imagined when I started this project and it runs like a banshee.

Thanks to everone that followed along, commented and gave advice. I'm looking forward to my next rebuild project.

-Dan

Stihl_028_WB_Rebuild-77.jpg

Stihl_028_WB_Rebuild-78.jpg

Stihl_028_WB_Rebuild-79.jpg

Stihl_028_WB_Rebuild-80.jpg

Stihl_028_WB_Rebuild-81.jpg

Stihl_028_WB_Rebuild-82.jpg

Stihl_028_WB_Rebuild-83.jpg

Truly a masterpiece in restoration. I've now restored two 028av Supers, and I assure you that mine run fine but look used. This saw looks better than my MS361 did when I bought it brand new in 2007.

Stihl can't send a saw out of the factory that looks better than this one.:clap:

I added an outside bumper spike on mine that lines up perfectly with the inside spike. That required custom grinding because most do not align properly. However, that's the only trump that I can play and it's only a deuce.

Latest posts

Back