Stihl HS242 hedgecutter attachment attachment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trust

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi all,
Ive seen a Stihl hs242 hedgecutter attachment for sale at a decent price. I cant find much info about them on the internet at all though. I Own a stihl ms260, and my question is does the hs242 attachment fit the ms260 models?
Thanks, Jim

Yes they will fit the 026 and MS260 models too. You'll need to put a spur sprocket on your 260 to drive it though.

I didn't know they made hedge cutter attachments for saws. I have the HL75K extended-reach dedicated hedge trimmer and it is a monster. It will cut 1" limbs and saplings as well as thick hedges, so I use it sometimes to clear heavy brush that my trimer won't handle.

This is an excellent piece of kit, heavy duty and very well made. I've had one for a couple of years now used on a MS260. One small point to note is that the "coupling element" which fits on to the spur sprocket or replaces the rim on rim sprockets (there are two types) won't fit Oregon Power Match sprockets. (At least not the rim sprockets as the drum splines are a different size, not sure about the spur sprocket but I suspect this may not fit either.)
I have an Oregon rim sprocket fitted and have to change back to the original Stihl spur sprocket to use the HS246.

Thanks chaps for your responses. Woodbine, il have to get back you on that one with whether il need one due to the auction for the hedgecutters ending before i managed to get home, they didnt get sold so shall see if he'l accept an offer.
Ta, Jim

Back