Stihl Lightning Super parts needed!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trappermike

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am the lucky owner of a Stihl Lightning Super. It's in excellent condition(Little use) and has a few surprising features I did not think available on that old model.The internals are in excellent condition,almost as good as new!It is almost 100% complete,however while I had the top end tore down checking it out,someone stole the muffler! It is almost identical to an 090 muffler except that it has a clasp on it to hold down the top cover. I REALLY need to find another muffler!!
Any help would be much appreciated!
Note: I was a Stihl mechanic for many years so I'm familiar with Stihls.
Maybe I could be coorced to sell it if the price was right...

I'll keep looking for a muffler. This Lightning is ODD,it has rubber mounted handlebars,and an add-on piece to the handlebar on the chain side making like a full wrap handlebar,that add-on part looks factory,but I'm not sure,my history with saws does not go back that far...

Mufflers are still out there.
Could have been worse and they stole the cylinder shroud for the Contra S!

Pretty sure there is a muffler on ebay (out of Canada) at the moment.

BTW, your last line of your original post might get you into trouble with the mods. If your thinking of selling you should be using the classifieds section on here.
:cheers:

I would also be interested in finding an 090 carb for it too. The original HL Tillotson carb on the Lightning has the small bore,an 090 carb has the larger bore and can be made to bolt on.

I don't know how to shop e-Bay,never have,but sure would like to have Lightning muffler to complete an unusual saw in good condition,maybe I'll try to find out how. I've just never really trusted E-Bay,buying stuff sight unseen from someone you don't know...
Maybe a phobia I must get over,haha!

I just finished converting a tilly 244 for my contra super.
ground down the flapper sides to fit the choke bore.

Still need to get the gas pulling better in it.

been putting several of my lightnings together latley
and hanging on to my extra muff's.

Here is the best place for contra parts,

just count the saws listed this week.

stihl contra | eBay

a vid of the latest Super. YouTube - ‪Stihl Lightning Contra S "SUPER" 137cc early 090‬‏

ric

From your description you have a AV Contra, that type of AV mount lasted up until 1989 on the 070's and 090's. post up a pic and we will know for sure since it could have been added rom a later saw ?

Love to post some photos but I don't know how. It's an AV handlebar maybe off the newer 090's,but I've never seen the bolt-on side handle,as in full-wrap.
Maybe someone can give short easy description on how to post photos...

I'm sorry,I didn't see a muffler...:bang:

These parts are rare here but pop up more often in Germany.
You just need to check often for what you need.

I needed a good 58mm P&C and one went for about 60 bucks last week in Germany. Just missed it.

They also had a bolt on handgrip to mount on the the clutch cover.
Maybe that is what you have.

I load all my pics into photobucket and then link them here.
Dont even no how to attach one on AS:(

yours look like this one?

oss012.jpg

Back