Stolen Husqvarna 550XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just think he would be better off working for someone else
How do you get a CHAINSAW stolen from you? You don’t seem like the brightest light in the box. I mean yeah it sucks that someone did that, shame on the thief. But it’s ultimately up to you as a business man to protect your livelihood. It’s not for everyone I know. Have you ever considered just working for someone else? It seems like that might be better for you, you will also have less stress and be “done” for the day right when you clock out.

Real helpful there, Danny!

Not sure you realize what I said.
There is the early 550 that you had which is the mark1, then there is a newer one that is the mark2. The mk2 is a little bigger so it doesn't handle as nice as the earlier one, but it is similar in handling only larger. It does have a good bit more power though.
If you wanted the mk1 you may be able to find one at a dealer still, but most here don't have them anymore.
Make sure you post pics.
Chipper1,

Photos of the 550.
Hot saw with 18" bar. 3/8 chain.

Tom
3bbfa212af2b1e9ee4f6376aff7af636.jpg
dd6b9f04438f1271430c490aa5b165a4.jpg
d16318802fe2c4d06a79f2deb64d135b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I thought of this thread the other day while climbing with one of my 550s and really enjoying it. The pine tree was big enough I only got one cut below the top before I had to start trimming some off the far side first. It did make me miss my 562 a bit. Its apart due to leak at the oil reservoir between the case halves. I've had a 572 on order for a couple of months now.

For what reason is the person so terrible on the grounds that a saw got taken? Imbeciles (the criminal) will now and then do insane things... We'll be working in a back yard some of the time and I realize without a doubt someone could snatch something off of the truck and run. Hasn't occurred at this point, so perhaps I am excessively remiss, however I'm not going to invest half of our energy in a place of work bolting and opening each tool stash, taking care of things, and taking them out 6x. I've been lucky, up until this point. In the event that a 8-year-old saw gets taken one day, perhaps I'll reevaluate, however most likely not.

Back