Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shhhhh......I was trying to stay asleep until it all goes away!!! Relocated at the shop yesterday and Glen, my neighbor down the street, relocates for me at home now...the bride keeps the path shoveled to the door so I'm good....Probably run the tractor in and out of the woods this afternoon....but that's not so much relocation but flattening/packing.....have to wait until the snow gets off the trees though.....still have 5-6 problem trees I'd like to process before the snow gives up....

Hoss like the snow? Bet he didn`t like the winds that came with the snow.

Hoss like the snow? Bet he didn`t like the winds that came with the snow.

Oh yeah...he likes the snow but doesn't travel any further than he has to in it. Was laughing at him this morning...he had three rolling sessions in it!!!! He came out cleaner than when he started. He really loves to roll in mug if he can find any...probably won't be a problem in a day or two....then he doesn't come out cleaner at all.....reminds me of "Pig Pen" on Charley Brown.........

What's the best chain to run on my 268 Kavarna to cut up tires ?? it's still windy and my pile is gettin low .
I've been looking for some bowlin balls (Awesome heat and burn time btw) but it looks like that source has dried up :(
Hydraulic splitter to fold the wheel to get the tire off.......

Oh yeah...he likes the snow but doesn't travel any further than he has to in it. Was laughing at him this morning...he had three rolling sessions in it!!!! He came out cleaner than when he started. He really loves to roll in mug if he can find any...probably won't be a problem in a day or two....then he doesn't come out cleaner at all.....reminds me of "Pig Pen" on Charley Brown.........
On my road trip last weekend I passed a good many farms, many of those had a horse or two- three and almost every horse was either covered in mud or rolling in mud as we drove by. Could tell the hosses were having a ball, heads tossing ,feets in the air squirming like a eeel....L0L

On my road trip last weekend I passed a good many farms, many of those had a horse or two- three and almost every horse was either covered in mud or rolling in mud as we drove by. Could tell the hosses were having a ball, heads tossing ,feets in the air squirming like a eeel....L0L

Yep...Every day when I let Hoss out the very first thing he does is flop down and roll.....snow, mud, dry ground, grass no matter...he'll roll back and forth 3-4 times then jump up a shake, fart, kick and buck......and if he isn't satisfied he'll do it all over again. It's kinda nice in the snow but when muddy he becomes an absolute mess!!!

Been a fun puzzle. Read lots of B.S. from others on these kits. You have to bring some knowledge to the table when starting in on one.
1ade1dd59ca86ff1f197d2c7d9cbca19.jpg
f2a4188f046c6e8258e2397c9ea0adc1.jpg
ec38aed6396a0d37085ccaf0fe88febe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The OEM oiler drive is the best of the bunch, seems its difficult for the AM manufacturers to get that drive arm tight enough not to slip.
May be the direction I go. The lowly oil pump if marginal will create all sorts of chaos for a saw in the local hard woods. Marginal oil creates too much heat quickly cooking chains, clutches, saws. Always try to keep them top notch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

May be the direction I go. The lowly oil pump if marginal will create all sorts of chaos for a saw in the local hard woods. Marginal oil creates too much heat quickly cooking chains, clutches, saws. Always try to keep them top notch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Often overlooked by many, wear on the tie straps, bar rails and sprockets are definitely accelerated by oil starvation. Even the oil holes in the side of the bar need to be enlarged to get a good flow of oil to the bar channel.

Often overlooked by many, wear on the tie straps, bar rails and sprockets are definitely accelerated by oil starvation. Even the oil holes in the side of the bar need to be enlarged to get a good flow of oil to the bar channel.
Brand new bars get that before they ever get mounted. Interestingly enough the laminate k095 bars still have a large oil passage hole.

Any have experience putting a 3002 bar on a 3003 saw? Looks like adapters are no issue...wondering about oiler alignment. Have a 24" .404 bar I'd love to put on my MSG 066.

Latest posts

Back