Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to get around and see things on my trips also, most trips get 3 - 4 thousand clicks on the odometer but the Alaska trip seen 16, 835. Seen a good deal of Cali now so maybe next trip out there see more of Oregon.
I always drive stopped flying a while ago, didnt like it when I had to.

Oh My!!! Page IV alert!!! Busy, busy,busy.......somehow need to find time to fix the 7-8 saws that have arrived.....damn work is cutting into my fun tyme bigtyme!!!

My fun time yesterday was piling up all that wood we had fun cutting last winter, hour after hour of just piling wood in rows while beating off blackflies. More tiring than doing a good days work.

I always drive stopped flying a while ago, didnt like it when I had to.

I have to fly to get there, Pacific side, then have a rental waiting and giver! In the summer months I will stay on the road upwards of 12 hrs, even longer far up North where it hardly gets dusky for a few hrs.

Great time down the coast into Ca........Randy gave us some good pointers but we found from visiting a local brew pub and talking with some other locals a great place to be with the trees.......'spect Randy didn't mention it as he knew we were shy on time......but we visited it on the way back up to Crater Lake. Howland Hill Road outa Crescent City........this be my kinda road......'bout 10-12 miles of very narrow dirt track.......very large trees as thick as hair on the dog.......driving through them thought I'd need separate wheel brakes to get around some of them.......saw like 10 people the whole time....Awesome!!! Really the best part of the big tree visit mostly because it was so private.......not the very hugest trees but the best visit with the big trees......seem they were almost as interested with us as we were with them....very personal place......
The way you write this reminds me of a book "Valley of the Giants" by Peter Kyne early 1900 book. A good read with The giants being the trees and a peaceful retreat. My Dad really liked this book and gave it to me...

The only time I am really at peace is deep into the woods, the bigger the trees the more peace my soul experiences. I get well off the roads and paths, so far in no sounds other than nature can be heard or seen, then I am at peace. One needs to first hand experience this, no book can convey it completely.

The only time I am really at peace is deep into the woods, the bigger the trees the more peace my soul experiences. I get well off the roads and paths, so far in no sounds other than nature can be heard or seen, then I am at peace. One needs to first hand experience this, no book can convey it completely.
Once you experience the tranquility you can never forget the feeling and a good book can trigger memories and feelings, and as you say not completely.

I have been snowmobiling (Years ago) on Georgia Pass Colorado. Awesome does not justly describe the view or feeling when you shut off the machines and see a crystal clear night sky loaded with bright stars and watch falling stars shoot through the sky. You swear you can jump up and grab one they are so clear (Silly Thought)
Adds meaning to Jimmy Stewarts' line in a movie I don't remember the name of.
When I go to the timber here you can get a bit into the boonies at times but then a train horn from miles away or MOSQUITOES disrupt everything (or my cellphone:confused:)
It has been a long time since I have seen the Redwoods impossible to forget that trip.

WOW!!! Page 5!!!! Slackerz!!!

I received a package today from the FedEx guy. We have talked near endlessly about how to pack saws and other items for long distance shipping to arrive in good order........this guy went way up the scale today!!! I have pics and will post later as soon as I can figgger out how tto get them out of my new phone and into the 'puter.........you all gonna love this!!!!! Woot!!!

Back