Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recieved new "loaded" hubs yesterday from Amazon. Poor packaging is an understatement. Hub in one layer of bubble wrap. Hub cap and 5 lug nuts in one layer of bubble wrap. Bearings and seals stacked ....in one layer of bubble wrap. All three bundles were tossed in a bubble wrap nailer envelope. 3 of the 4 bearing cages were mashed, both seals destroyed. Both assemblies are going back.

I recieved new "loaded" hubs yesterday from Amazon. Poor packaging is an understatement. Hub in one layer of bubble wrap. Hub cap and 5 lug nuts in one layer of bubble wrap. Bearings and seals stacked ....in one layer of bubble wrap. All three bundles were tossed in a bubble wrap nailer envelope. 3 of the 4 being cages were mashed, both seals destroyed. Both assemblies are going back.

Geeze .......that sucks Jimmy......

What I would really like to have is 1000 lb slab of granite with a 1 1/2" diameter SS staple in it.......that would certainly last me out!! Likely a dozen or more of those on the bottom of the harbor the ancestors left behind. Just be iron staples though and hard to find as they sink into the mud and become invisible. My fathers last mooring stone is there somewhere to deep to see bottom at low water as is my great uncle's......likely the staples have rotted away by now so just a square-ish stone with two holes drilled all the way through them.

You live in the granite capital of the Eastern coast!

06a85764603ff16af8d9a62e39538792.jpg
b39c48f7ae88af5b8646f929b9cee30f.jpg
70d87e3151ee746fdfe89a26f221867f.jpg

Well.....fixed muh old anchor tonight.....heading for the island Wed morning bright and early. Do some things and then pick the bride up in Stonington later in the day. Be out there until the 8th....lobsta boat races the 7th.......know better than try to get on the trailer anytime after the races.......boyz'll be real tuned up and stihl roaring all about making much roughness on the shore......been there...done that.

Anchor sure needed mending.....knew that.....all betterer now!!!!!

IMG_0040.jpg IMG_0041.jpg IMG_0042.jpg

Well.....fixed muh old anchor tonight.....heading for the island Wed morning bright and early. Do some things and then pick the bride up in Stonington later in the day. Be out there until the 8th....lobsta boat races the 7th.......know better than try to get on the trailer anytime after the races.......boyz'll be real tuned up and stihl roaring all about making much roughness on the shore......been there...done that.

Anchor sure needed mending.....knew that.....all betterer now!!!!!

View attachment 744418 View attachment 744419 View attachment 744420

Looking real good Robin, enjoy the time out there!

Have a good trip Robin. I'm going to make it to watch those boats run some day. Enjoy the island time.

Finally got my new seats yesterday for my vessel. I am sure they will help add a finishing touch as I complete it. They are nothing special, just Springfield Seafarer seats. They are what she came with 30 years ago so she will get the same. Anything bigger in a small cockpit would crowd it.
2d658067de9e093c441b1f0f4ffd4466.jpg

Went to the Lobsta boat races last Sunday.......perfect weather.....33 races....we anchored right at the finish line in behind the barge with the judges and radar times keepers. That gave us a perfect view of the finishes but equally as important, the big barge acted as a breakwater to shelter us somewhat from all the crazy bike wakes produced by these big fast boats. As usual Cameron Crawford's, not real pretty Wild Wild West was the fastest boat afloat....26 footer with his 1150 hoss V12 Isota diesel with twin turbos. Excellent day of racing.....no crashes and only one boat had to be towed off the course due to motor 'splosion.

IMG_0198.jpg IMG_0200.jpg

Latest posts

Back