tuning problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booger1286

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just finished puttin on new topend for husqvarna 350 and after about 2 or three seconds of wot it bogs down. Can not get it to change by carb adjustments. any ideas on what this could be

Not really, but I wouldn't be running a new engine at WOT until a little break-in time. It's probably a lack of fuel problem, but do yourself a favor and break it in before seeing how many rpms it will do. Also the engine is cold which requires more fuel to run smoothly, I wouldn't race a cold engine either.

Last edited:
rebuilt carb, checked all lines including impulse, had a plastic clamp on intake boot that was loose and i replaced it with a metal one. May be crank seal dont know?

rebuilt carb, checked all lines including impulse, had a plastic clamp on intake boot that was loose and i replaced it with a metal one. May be crank seal dont know?

In my experience bad crank seals will be noticed at idle or idle issues not wot. I understand your frustration as I'm having the same problrm with my Stihl 011AV. Got pissed and picked up another carb to check. If problem still persists it has to the only thing left, reed valve assembly. My hunch is its fuel related.
Bob

In my experience bad crank seals will be noticed at idle or idle issues not wot. I understand your frustration as I'm having the same problrm with my Stihl 011AV. Got pissed and picked up another carb to check. If problem still persists it has to the only thing left, reed valve assembly. My hunch is its fuel related.
Bob

Bob Have you looked at the reed valve? That's exactly what was wrong with my 011 when I couldn't get it to run, also it's a good idea to replace that spark plug wire, they're thin and they run in some pretty tight places inside the case, mine was bad also.

I checked fuel filter and it looked very clean. I will take the tank off and better inspect fuel lines. Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Your fuel line may look fine, it can still ca lapse under a load.(wot)

Can anyone tell me where you should start with the carb adjustment screws on this model? I .normally can get em right starting from 1 1/2 turns out, but maybe this one is different

Latest posts

Back