What can you tell me about this old Craftsman saw? Pic warning.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewSawyer

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
One of my friends is offering me this saw. He sent it home with me and told me to research it. I know NOTHING about it except that it will have to have a new air filter. And the full chisel chain isn't sharpened properly which is why the saw is so dusty. It does have anti-vibe of some sort but DOES NOT have a chain break.

Craftsman 003.JPG Craftsman 007.JPG Craftsman 001.JPG Craftsman 008.JPG Craftsman 004.JPG Craftsman 009.JPG Craftsman 002.JPG Craftsman 005.JPG Craftsman 006.JPG

its the other parts that are hard to come by.... i have 2 had 3 sold one for parts now i need a recoil and fly wheel .... i had the parts..... the only complaint i have on these old saws...... is alot of parts are NLA.... fuel parts rebuild kits you can get

its the price of used parts your better off buying a whole parts saw LOL

She's a runner. No need to pull the muffler. A little bog when I hit the throttle but nothing that won't adjust out. How much should I pay the man?

Well I've seen ones on CL lately for $60-$175. In that condition at least $100-$125 I would think is fair. It's a nice 61cc saw.

I was thinking about $120. The only thing I haven't verified is that it oils. I don't know why it wouldn't but it can't hurt to check. It is supposed to be a automatic and manual oiler. Can I just look for spray off the bar?

Also, I was not successful in getting the muffler apart. I looks like the bolts come out then the muffler should split in half. The back half should be screwed to the engine. Maybe there is carbon build up holding it together. IDK.

Latest posts

Back