What makes the ms361 so great?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got to give the 361 a good workout yesterday.Cut down and cut up two locust trees each about 18" at the butt,and a 30" white oak that forked off about 10 feet up.All the trees were green.Saw is runnin better with each tank of gas and gets more impressive.I had my wife time me cutting up one of the locust trees.Tree was roughly 60 feet long and i sawed into 20 inch blocks ,took about 8 minutes.Not to shabby for a whole truck load of wood.I mentioned before that my saw has the tool less chain adjustment which so far has worked fine.I discovered one bad flaw with tool less.I got the chain pinched pretty bad,not the bar,just the chain.I tryed to take the chain off so I could get the saw motor and bar out of the way so I could drag the tree to free up the chain.That adjuster wheel wouldnt budge.So I had to make a 4 mile trip back to the house to get another saw.Should always have at least 2 saws with ya,I knew that.Other than that,I think the 361 is quite possibly the best saw Ive ever used.Cuts faster than my big yellow 505 PP,weighs about 7 pounds less,absolutely no vibration,its pretty quiet,and I sawed down and worked up both those locust on 1 tank of gas,which I think is excellent "milage" for a saw that aint even broke in yet.Gotta recommend this saw to anybody.

Well, your 361 will just get better for the first 10-20 tanks of gas too, as you break it in and get used to it. I feather off of full throttle more on mine these days too.

Ahhhhh... the feeling of running a 361. :cheers:

I agree Bowtie,but I have seen a few cases where the .325 chain did speed a saw up considerably,but mostly smaller saws.I once switched an old 028 over to .325 and was amazed with the speed of that saw.But ya cant beat 3/8 for sharpening and durability.

If you're really concerned,,, the 361 wrap is metal...

no, im not concerned. i only bring up the handle when i get my nutz busted about the plastic handle on my Husky.

it would seems for the money you should get metal.

i agree the 361 is an impressive saw modified but i just expect more saw for $600. i think $500 would make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

He's not concerned, he's a Wanabe.........lol

you are right Just Mowed!

you get a cookie!

attachment.php

Yah, all this complaing about spendy saws here stateside, and in the UK, Australia and Asia, they pay 2-3x the price we do!!!

But they are stihl too expensive... :biggrinbounce2:

Yah, all this complaing about spendy saws here stateside, and in the UK, Australia and Asia, they pay 2-3x the price we do!!!

But they are stihl too expensive... :biggrinbounce2:

Here as well, but still a lot cheaper than the opposition - a 357xp is about 40% more here, 25-30 when on sale - LOL.....:biggrinbounce2:

With heated handles, the picture changes a bit, as they cost a lot more on the Stihl, than on the Huskys.....

Last edited:
no, im not concerned. i only bring up the handle when i get my nutz busted about the plastic handle on my Husky.

it would seems for the money you should get metal.

i agree the 361 is an impressive saw modified but i just expect more saw for $600. i think $500 would make me feel all warm and fuzzy

you are right Just Mowed!

you get a cookie!

attachment.php

got mine for $529 w/ 20" bar and chain:clap:

Back