Built me a bridge this weekend.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been meaning to replace this pallet wood mess of a bridge for a while now. It was here when we moved in. Replacing it is how I spent my Saturday. :clap:

IMG_5865.jpg

IMG_5866.jpg

IMG_5868.jpg

Rockin' the Beam Machine.
IMG_5872.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

IMG_5878.jpg

IMG_5879.jpg

I hope all that crap going in the water is heading for the Genesee River....Because in the other two water sheds in your town are drinking water supplies and sawdust and bar oil play hell with the filters at the plants. Oh and I'm only about 10 min.from you, if I drive slow..

View attachment 124337

Looks way more robust than the other one. Have to imagine it was a pita trying to drive those stakes into the frozen ground. Good thing you use bioplus :)

Looks way more robust than the other one. Have to imagine it was a pita trying to drive those stakes into the frozen ground. Good thing you use bioplus :)

Thanks MF! ;) :laugh:

The frozen ground wasn't too bad - it was only the top 4 inches or so that was frozen.

And yes - Stih BioPlus B&C oil is the way to go for me. I never use anything else. :)

I like the "work in progress", Open for a little suggestion?

I would get some nice looking local stone (read cheaper that way) and make an approach on both sides, level with your planks.

Good work, keyboard jockeys like to criticize people who actually do something constructive.

I don't give a rip what they say, it looks far better than what you did away with and with sealer/stain/waterproofing it should last for years. Rep'd ya for it.

Thanks! T'is appreciated. A few hours and I should be able to rep ya back. :)

I think I'll use boiled linseed oil. About 8 coats of that over the next year and it'll act like its practically pressure treated.

kreichy.. with the dissin' early in this thread. ?

Good work there, I'm sure you could build six more in the time it might take some folk to get off their arse and do something positive. :clap:

Do with what you have

Shweet shtuff!

Strengthen it up with some lag bolts on the 4 posts and 2 logs. It will give it strength, but I'm not sure about expansion.

Maybe take the time to insert some wood biscuits on the planks too.

And I agree, time for some stones and boulders:cheers:

Back