Guess the Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Okay guys I have one I'd like your help with.

Picture of a battered old Husky I've bought. The serial plate is long gone and so are any decals. It's a heated handle model, so I'm guessing at a 262 XPG?

Any one think I'm right, or think differently? Sorry it's the only pic I have at the moment. Right now I have it in pieces.

Okay, you definate about the 62 though? Mostly a guess on my part based on the Tillotson carb (HS-163A) Now I think about it The rear handle is all metal too, not like any of my other Huskys

I would say that saw has the tank replaced. i do think it is a 162.

This ID will need more and closer pics to be conclucive.

All angles + clutch, the Magnesium tank is ruled out.

Cylinder numbers, and bore+stroke, could help.

There are several saws that parts will interchange on. (162, 266, 61, 66) Yours could be a 266 w/ 162 handle, a 162 w/266 topcover, a 61 w/266 topcover and 162 handle.... There are numerous combinations.

Its a 162.we see clearly the intake flange is from the 162 held to cyl. by two allen bolts.The 61 intake flange is different and thats the carb bolts that goes tru.
Another option will be a 266 cyl. with a metal tank and brake cover from a 162,but the first option seems more like the good one.
If you check piston dia .,we will tell you for sure.

You guys are Gooood! I'll try to get more info to pin it down.

Getting off the thread a little, but can you tell me anything about this one?

Filler cap says Danarm side plate says Frontier 5R

On the 162, your spike is upside down. you may want to correct that before you try cutting anything with it.

If you go to Mike Acres site and look up Danarm model 55E R,H. ,you will see that saw,painted blue and silver.It has the identical bore and stroke as a MCCulloch 10-10.The starter is indentical to the right hand start used on that model also.The kill switch and top covers are different than McCullochs.It's speculation on my part,but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 10-10 dressed up in British clothing.

Yep both are Mc's and as the boy's said proberly 10-10 / 2-10 / 3-10 / 4-10, the starter housing is different on the yellow one and i haven't see it type before.

I'd say a bit of badge engineering for a foreign market like pommie land.
Just like Monkey Wards in the states.

Mc Bob.

Back