Chainsaw brands used for work Daily

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand are you using for Work Daily?

• Stihl

Votes: 80 44.0%
  • Husky

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Jonsered

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Echo

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Homelite

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • mac

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • poulan

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Shindawa

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Misc Brands

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm Curious What brands of saws are being used for daily work?I'm not talking about vintage saws that are used once a month to saw a log or too.

We use stihl and husky every day on our course but the stihl is everyones choice of saw the huskys only get used by the newbies on our course.

We run stihl blowers saws trimmers hedge clippers and pole pruners. The only non stihl piece we have at work is a shandawia hedge trimmer that is used as a last resort.

stihl_logo_top.gif

I cut between 50,000 and 70,000 feet a week with a 2186 Jonsered. We also have a few Huskys on the landing and for back up.

I can inform you that 75% here is HVA the rest is split between Jonny red and that other brand...... Oh, yes Stihl...

I don,t use them everyday but, I do every weekend. My first preference will be Husky,And second Johnny-Red

Mange said:
I can inform you that 75% here is HVA the rest is split between Jonny red and that other brand...... Oh, yes Stihl...

Mange in your part of the world I SURE HOPE SO !

NOOOBODY works with Poulan Wild Thingalings day in day out. They just have a 100 hour life span for gods sake.

I run a Jonsered, Mac 10-10, and echo trimmers, edgers, blowers, and a stihl trimmer blower, and a husky 323L trimmer for a backup.

Not really a fair poll as I use two brands, Dolmar and Husky; you only get to vote for one in your poll. This will skew the poll results.

what i'd like to know is ..........of all the stihl fans, what % of them actually used husky's for any length of time? is the stihl suport just blind allegiance with no real reason? you know "because my dad ran a stihl so i'm gonna run stihl". or have they just lost all mental capacity for rational thought?

I'll run either one if you gave me one to use all day, as long as it gets the job done. having run both Stihl and husky trimmers, same for chainsaws, and any other piece of equipment.

kf_tree said:
what i'd like to know is ..........of all the stihl fans, what % of them actually used husky's for any length of time? is the stihl suport just blind allegiance with no real reason? you know "because my dad ran a stihl so i'm gonna run stihl". or have they just lost all mental capacity for rational thought?

I ran Husky for about 2 yr's Bought a stihl and sold the husky's now i have 11 Stihl's Plus 1 Stihl Trimmer,2Stihl HT-75's,and 3 stihl Blowers.

Geez KF, I hadda wipe tears before I could type but guess I can give you some polling data.

1.Husky time, None
2.Blind allegiance to Stihl, see below
3.Dad ran David Bradleys
4.Limited mental capacity, got me there.

5. Prone to irrational thought? Heck I dont know, here is why I own them.

Stihl dealer 5 miles away, been Stihl dealer since I was too young to run a saw. Stocks parts, stocks service, Stocks all models and stocks a smile when I walk in. Twice in 25 years I have needed dealer service, paid for part and they put them in for free.

Husky dealer is 4 miles away, been the Husky dealer since they came into town and built the super store 3 years ago. Stocks spark plugs, one style of chain and one bar size. Get a frown when I walk in, another when I hit the saw dept. They stock four homeowner models up to 50 or so CC but they will cheerfully, (with a frown) order me any husky I want. They do keep a list of people who might work on the saw, none are local since they ran the local servicing dealer out of business when they came into town.

Call #5 as you wish, I'm going out to the shop and pet my saws.

G, I can't believe there are only 12 die hard husky saw owners on the poll at this time. :cry:

Back