Chainsaw brands used for work Daily

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand are you using for Work Daily?

• Stihl

Votes: 80 44.0%
  • Husky

Votes: 56 30.8%
  • Jonsered

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Echo

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Dolmar

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Homelite

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • mac

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • poulan

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Shindawa

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Misc Brands

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:dizzy: I've ran STIHL 009, 011, 021, 025, 028, 280, 029, 034, 036, (would LOVE to run an 038 MAG), 041, 044, 046, 056 MAG (whatta saw), 064, 084, Husqvarna, 36, 41, 45, 350, 55, 359, 365, 268, 272, 77, a few echo's, old homelite's, etc. Simply put, I have found the STIHL's to be more reliable, faster starting, faster cutting, just plain dependable and durable. I've seen a 30" diameter live pine fall on my 064. Not a limb, but the main trunk, all 30", about 20-25' from the base. When I got it out, straightened the handle and pulled the side cover back out I pulled the rope and guess what. You STIHL boys already know. Yes, it fired right up and kept right on cutting. It finished the job and was ready for more. There's just no substitue for a STIHL.

Lobo said:
I believe you have a very valid point, once a new piece of machinery is purchased ,owned and operated by the same person and he decides he no longer wants to throw good money in to it and that it would be preferable to purchase a new replacement many times he will give it in on trade and the shop will sell it to third parties who in turn will sell them on e-bay or flea markets claiming they are in anything from like new condition, to used but very good, to needs carb work, to purchased at an estate sale. Eventually however many people end up with someone elses junk that is far from being worth the money they paid for it. A lot of these should be sold for used parts only at best. Personnally I very rarely purchase anything used, just to darn expensive mid and long term, and can't afford the frustration and aggravation.

I was phishing to see if I could get a rise out of him about the "actually run" part, but yes, I think a lot of people buy new instead of repairing. I bet a lot of Arborists do it. Run a saw until there is a problem, sell it and buy another, or trade it in. The dealer could/would then turn around, using a screen name, and dump it off on E-bay. I have no problem buying a used saw, but I have to look it over before buying. E-bay is a big crap shoot on stuff like that. The sad part is, too many people getting burned, will really hurt the people who are selling something worth buying. In time, all the buyers will be scared off.

kf_tree said:
all saw's are husky except the ms200's.

Right on big daddy!! That Ms200T/020t is a righteous climbing saw, but nothing handles big wood like the Husqvarna's. period. End of discussion. If you've never run a 372XP (Or the 575XP for that matter) or a 395Xp then you haven't really bucked and limbed. Those saws are must haves.

neverenough said:
I was phishing to see if I could get a rise out of him about the "actually run" part, but yes, I think a lot of people buy new instead of repairing. I bet a lot of Arborists do it. Run a saw until there is a problem, sell it and buy another, or trade it in. The dealer could/would then turn around, using a screen name, and dump it off on E-bay. I have no problem buying a used saw, but I have to look it over before buying. E-bay is a big crap shoot on stuff like that. The sad part is, too many people getting burned, will really hurt the people who are selling something worth buying. In time, all the buyers will be scared off.
OT but I´m buyed one car through internet auction several years ago, for the fun just. I was see it first time when was going to get it in my hands :D

Fellas I have tried my best to stay out of this but I cannot. I have not posted here in over a year but I have been watching.I have only owned to Stihls and I have nothing against them. If I were to call the roll ti would read something like this: 23,338,42, 246(2 ea), 346(2 ea) 55,359,262,371,372 (2 ea), 281,288L and 385. Not counting the Echos and the pole pruners, this is my family. The Stihl owners I know maynot be satisfied my my commitment is clear. The Huskys are great, I have not had any problems and besides
"When a Stihls grows up it wants to be a Husqvarna"
Carter 311 :angel:

I have to admit to being surprised at the figure myself. I like the balance of the Huskies better, and the better air filters. Oh well, smell is in the nose of the sniffer I guess.

i run a 488 shindaiwa mu cousin has a stihl and he shudder at the abuse my saw handles its a work saw and i use it
SHINDAIWA "first to start last to quite"

I went out and cut a cord of firewood today, and while taking my time driving back, smoking a cigar and going easy on my trailer, five or six woodcutters with pickups passed me. It looked like a Stihl convention. I didn't see anything but Stihls stuck in those loads of wood. It made me wish I had taken my little poulan to stick on top of my load.

Wood's Logging Supply - Modified Stihl MS66 - with 32" Oregon Reduced Weight Bar - Stihl 3/8 .063 semi skip chain. Tach'n 14,200 let -r- rip

pallis said:
I went out and cut a cord of firewood today, and while taking my time driving back, smoking a cigar and going easy on my trailer, five or six woodcutters with pickups passed me. It looked like a Stihl convention. I didn't see anything but Stihls stuck in those loads of wood. It made me wish I had taken my little poulan to stick on top of my load.

Indeed, there's a harsh truth to face. It's a STIHL world. :blob2:

3 assured things in life

Taxes, death and Stihl saws ! ;) :laugh: ;) :laugh:

Interesting poll results -- darn near unbelievable. At this rate, you would think that Husky would be out of business!! Of course, I know this poll is not completely random, "statistically significant" and so forth. But, taken for what it is, it's still intriguing...

I always chuckle when I look on ebay for Stihl's. Not that I'm going to buy one, but it's fun to look. Invariably there are a few Huskys that show up in my searches that say, "Not Stihl" in the title. I understand they do that to get more hits on the searches, but I haven't ever met anyone looking for a Stihl that settled for a Husky. :rolleyes:

Woodsrider, you may want to be careful with that Husky logo. I believe it's trademarked and if you use it in a way Husky doesn't like, (like a Husky endorsement of your post or some such), it could mean trouble.
Just a thought...

Latest posts

Back