VOLKS-man your 361 is ready

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
I figure you'll be on here sometime tonight so I'm letting you know your saw is ready. I charge 500.00 a day storage so you best hurry up and get overhere and get this thing,hehe

attachment.php

I figure you'll be on here sometime tonight so I'm letting you know your saw is ready. I charge 500.00 a day storage so you best hurry up and get overhere and get this thing,hehe

attachment.php

Ahemmmm....

I know you know what your doing, I hear a lot of good things about your skills.

But did you forget to put that thinngy and the whatsit back in there, or are they dead players? :cheers:

Lean seizure?

Ahemmmm....

I know you know what your doing, I hear a lot of good things about your skills.

But did you forget to put that thinngy and the whatsit back in there, or are they dead players? :cheers:

Lean seizure?

Hmmmm you bring up a good point, I don't recall if I put the whatca ma call it back in it or not. I think I did. If I didn't its on the table somewhere, I'll just stuff in the spark plug hole,LOL

No, not a lean out. His cylinder had a minor imperfection he wasn't happy with. We can't have that so I made a call on his behalf and was told do what it takes to make him happy. So he got a new cylinder and piston. I'm hoping I can keep the old set for myself. The flaw is small, so small I wouldn't worry about it but beings it was a new saw he had a legit concern. Chaulk up another one for Stihl I say, they never blinked a eye, just said fix it and send us the bill...

attachment.php

So what did you find out was the culprit? I might have missed it already but this site is like a womens (maybe some well groomed men) soap opera for me!

So what did you find out was the culprit? I might have missed it already but this site is like a womens (maybe some well groomed men) soap opera for me!

From what I could tell just a manufacturing flaw. He said the saw ran great. He found the spot in the cylinder by accident and got concerned. We fixed him up. His new cylinder is flawless, I made sure of that...

Thall, you better put a picture up of sruffner's 361 as well. It's the least you should do for us after we helped spin him up for you. I'd say have a 180 and a 260 in the background and you might score all three. :)

Sruffner, I'm not poking fun at your expense. I've just been in your shoes and know where you're headed. :) :)

I was so busy typing my smart a$$ post I forgot to mention that you deserve another Nova for taking such good care of Volks-man. Maybe some day I'll end up out your way and have a cup of Folgers with you. :cheers:

Thall, you better put a picture up of sruffner's 361 as well. It's the least you should do for us after we helped spin him up for you. I'd say have a 180 and a 260 in the background and you might score all three. :)

Sruffner, I'm not poking fun at your expense. I've just been in your shoes and know where you're headed. :) :)

Waxed his up this morning,LOL I hope the glare doesn't blind him,hehe

Yeah I saw that thread and thought hmmmmmmm, cool beans,LOL

How does one find something like that without pulling the jug? How does one pull the jug without voiding the warranty? I'm still breaking in the new 460, should I be pulling the jug and looking around?

Just curious,

Later,

I was so busy typing my smart a$$ post I forgot to mention that you deserve another Nova for taking such good care of Volks-man. Maybe some day I'll end up out your way and have a cup of Folgers with you. :cheers:

Well Volks was worried his dealer may have balked on replacing the cylinder and piston since the saw ran fine. With me its not the saw that matters, its the customer. He was worried he may have issue down the road and thats a worry he shouldn't have to deal with. So me and Stihl fixed him up, the saw isn't really what matters, its him being happy with it that matters the most...

I figure if he comes by Saturday at 500.00 a day storage he may not use me anymore,LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Naaaaaaaaaa he knows he's in good hands with
HallState..

How does one find something like that without pulling the jug? How does one pull the jug without voiding the warranty? I'm still breaking in the new 460, should I be pulling the jug and looking around?

Just curious,

Later,

He did some work on his oiler. He had to block the piston to remove the clutch. He removed the muffler to be certain he didn't have his piston stop stuck in the exhaust port. When he got done with the oiler improvement he took a look through the exhaust port and saw that spot below the intake port. What he did was ok, he had nothing to do with that spot in the cylinder. It was there when he bought the saw. Its a small pit, very small. Theres another pit in it the camera can't even pick up.

No, don't pull your jug on your 460. Remember Volk didn't pull his cylinder off, I did so after contacting Stihl about the issue. So the warranty stays in tack..

Last edited:
Volk couldn't be with me when I tore into his saw but he wanted me to snap some pics of it for him. I'm gonna rattle off some pics just for him..

attachment.php

Volk your saw looks kinda naked,hehe

Back