Where Can I Get One of These?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtor72

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was watching a Homelite Chainsaw service video, and they were using one of these work stands, I googled it, but couldn't find anything about them.
What exactly would you call it?
I searched for chainsaw service stand, service vice, etc.
any one know where you can buy one of these things?
sorry for the crappy picture, had to take if from the t.v. Mike

Don't know about buying one, but you can make one. That's what I did.

DSCF1850.jpg

Dan

I have no idea if the company is still around, but here's a scrap of info from an old Homelite dealer manual:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Maybe a Bike Clamp

I was watching a Homelite Chainsaw service video, and they were using one of these work stands . . . e

Mike,

The adjustable part of the fixture in your photo looks like a standard industrial mount that someone modified, or perhaps Homelite had made up at one time. Companies such as Grainger (www.grainger.com), McMaster Carr (www.mcmaster.com/), or Carr Lane (www.carrlane.com/) carry things like this if you can fabricate the part that attaches to the saw head.

I have seen several saw shops use bicycle repair stands or clamps to work on chainsaws, by clamping onto the side of the top or wrap handle. Park Tool (www.parktool.com/products/category.asp?cat=23) makes a number of free standing repair stands as well as clamps that attach to a workbench or wall.

Philbert

Last edited:
You can get the PowRarms on ebay occasionally, but you'll have to make the chainsaw mount yourself.

OK Dan. Now you are going to have to make one of those holders for me. :)

It didn't cost that much in materials..... about $40-$50 for bearings, collars, quick-release pull pins, and a shaft, all from McMaster Carr. Used some scrap metal lying around for the body parts. But... man did it seem to take some time! Don't think I'll be signing up to mass produce these suckers :) . I was inspired by an article in Chain Saw Age magazine where a man talked about making one and I saw adds where Efco used to make 'em. A very fun and useful project, but a little more time consuming than I had originally envisioned.

Dan

I was watching a Homelite Chainsaw service video, and they were using one of these work stands, I googled it, but couldn't find anything about them.
What exactly would you call it?
I searched for chainsaw service stand, service vice, etc.
any one know where you can buy one of these things?
sorry for the crappy picture, had to take if from the t.v. Mike

Mike those are still available from Husqvarna, (502 51 02-01), but they are now $281.78. They are very handy when working on chainsaws.

If your flexible a bench vise with the bar clamped in it will get the job done. I'm not near as flexible as I used to be though.:cry:

attachment.php

Here the saw/trimmer combo vice from Stihl. I hardly ever use it for working on chainsaws but for trimmers I use that thing all the time.

I like the design on that one Thall. Does it have some kinda lever that presses up on the ball from underneath to lock it in position?

Dan

I like the design on that one Thall. Does it have some kinda lever that presses up on the ball from underneath to lock it in position?

Dan

It will rotate anywhere you want it and lock. The locking arm is behind it at the bottom of it..

That thing is a 5910-890-3101. Ya may want to be sitting down at the dealer if your interested in pricing one, they are costly..

Last edited:
Nice one on eBay with attached Wilton vice (Item number: 110326627558) through 12/19/08 at 17:33 PST, starting at $150.

Also, bases are available on McMaster-Carr web site.

Philbert

Last edited:
Back