šŸ˜ from Michigan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syflan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm an old guy who has not worked in the field for many, many years. One of my first jobs was working fire crew for USFS. Wasn't quite back when the Forest Service was established, although sometimes in the morning it seems like it must have been.
Then when I had enough money for tools I got an early Homelite 410. (We'd used Homelites on the fire line). That thing is still running. I have no brand loyalty anymore, though, and I have a couple of Stihls and an Echo.
Skill level... I'd call myself an experienced amateur who is having a lot of fun.

Helsel, Macnamara, @computeruser
Funny story. I was heading north to a GTG( at @huskihl place another Michiganer) , stopped in Cadillac to get fuel, next to me was a guy with a bunch of saws in the back of his truck (tree service guy), got to talking and he was one of the Hesel brothers, what's the chance of that happening. Then I arrive at the GTG, and another Hesel was there lol.
Was EJ on here?

Welcome to AS sir.
Where about you at here, I'm east of GR.
Brett
Handigan.jpg

That is the great thing about living on a one lane gravel road with grass growing in the center......no traffic.

View attachment 1047563
:sigh: I miss it. We've been here long enough to have had the "opportunity" to watch progress take place. We've gone from a 2-lane gravel canopy road to a paved road with bike lanes that sees significant truck traffic using it as a shortcut between 2 highways.
But we've still got deer, coyotes, turkeys, rabbits and foxes running around. I've got a huge patch of morels every spring. Lot's of wood to cut, too. So I'll be happy to let the undertaker have to scrub the dirt of this place from under my fingernails.

Latest posts

Back