025 not running need help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyj78

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
i just bought a 025 that ran great looks great i used it a little then tried to do a over head cut on a small limb and
it died and wouldnt restart and wouldnt for 6 days tried a new plug new gas etc wouldnt start
drained most of the gas and let it sit while i tried to figure it out
tried it yesterday and it fired right up ran great so i tried another overhead cut and same thing now it wont start again and if you turn it on its side or straight up it will leak out the vent tube on top of the gas tank
any help would be greatly appreciated
thanksyou

Hmm ok one handed over heads kinda a no no but that's self evident. The quiting motors a odd one here's a few ideas
1. Somthings loose in the electrics check to see if all looks as it should if its a new saw take her back ask the dealer
2. Yer not by chance knockin on (thumb down on the master switch) the choke when you pull er up high. It will kill her fast and make startin after a pain. I seen this before n easy to do so easy to fix.
025 a good saw mine has given me no probs hope you get it sorted.

The vent tube is an easy fix. The part is less than $5.00. It is possible as has been stated that you are hitting the kill switch on those (over the head unsafe cuts). Fix the tank vent and go from there. (It is possible that your gas line is also leaking you may want to check it for cracks and it could be leaking where the grommet enters the tank).

i know i shouldnt be doing the over head cuts and i usually dont it was a small limb (about 1 inch) in the front yard(it was either the chainsaw or my hatchet since i didnt have one of my bow saws with me ) i tried it a second time just to see if it would do it again
i am not putting my thumb on the choke in fact the second time i only had it vertical for about a half a second before it stalled
is the vent part just a venting cap like on weedeaters?
thanks again

i know i shouldnt be doing the over head cuts and i usually dont it was a small limb (about 1 inch) in the front yard(it was either the chainsaw or my hatchet since i didnt have one of my bow saws with me ) i tried it a second time just to see if it would do it again
i am not putting my thumb on the choke in fact the second time i only had it vertical for about a half a second before it stalled
is the vent part just a venting cap like on weedeaters?
thanks again

The tank vent should be just above the fuel cap underneath the filter box cover. It is located on the area where the fuel line comes up out of the tank. Remove the filter box cover and have a look to the left.

This should be posted in the "Chainsaw forum"

But my 2 cents worht is to check for spark while it wont start. Also check the condition of the plug. If it is wet or black it would be a sign of too much fuel. No spark igniton problem obviously. If it is dry and clean put a few drops of fuel mix in the plug hole reinstall the plug and give it a pull. If it pops they chances are you aren't getting any fuel.

If it goes beyond something simple, take it to the shop.

brand new plug
has spark[/QU

Try putting a few drops of fuel in the plug hole, put the plug in and give it a pull. See if she pops. If you have compression and spark, then the little fuel ought to get some sort of response. I guess you checked the fuel filter? Make sure it is down in the fuel. Maybe when you turned it upside down it was drawing air. Check for fuel delivery to the carburator. Clean out the carburator if necessary. Still wont start? Take it to the shop.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back