028 wb jug

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihlaMan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have just finished up a rebuild on an old 028wb(no chainbrake). This little saw runs pretty darn good but I was wondering if anyone knows if an 028 super or 029 jug and piston will fit on my model. I am looking at making this my little hot rod. any help would be greatly appreciated.

He's right on the 029, but the 028S jug is compatible...Best thing though is sell the 028WB and wait for an 028S to come along.... much nicer saw and the best 028 made.

maybe I was wrong in wanting it to be my little hot rod its a tinker toy i picked up for free. thanks for the input this is my first time posting on AB but have been lingering around for a month or so. Seems to be a good bunch of educated saw nuts. :biggrinbounce2:

Any of the 028 series cylinders will bolt onto your saw. The old pre-chainbrake saw was 2.8 HP, the Wood Boss was 3.0 HP, and the Super was 3.1 HP. I can't tell much difference from one to another. Be careful if you get an 028 Super cylinder- I believe the exhaust port dimensions are larger and the smaller mufflers may not fit. The 028 is a wonderful old saw. That said, it is dreadfully inefficient as far as the scavenging of the fuel in and out of the cylinder. I have heard that as much as 25% of the fuel that goes in comes out the muffler unburned due to scavenging losses. The newer 4-port saws are much "cleaner". But the 028 is still a superb quality saw.

StihlaMan said:
maybe I was wrong in wanting it to be my little hot rod its a tinker toy i picked up for free. thanks for the input this is my first time posting on AB but have been lingering around for a month or so. Seems to be a good bunch of educated saw nuts. :biggrinbounce2:

I missed that too. Welcome to AS. They are a good bunch of guys here.

Where abouts in Ohio. I'm in Wayne county if your ever down that way....

-Steve

In as far as the muffler goes i basically had to mod one off of a weedeater. local dealer couldn't get one and i didn't want to go the ebay route. I am from the knox county area but frequent wayne county. does anyone know where teh Paul Bunyan show will be this year.

The 028 muffler is still available... your dealer should have been able to figure out the right part number... 1118 140 0612...

And there's a lot of used mufflers lying around...

Latest posts

Back