032AV Fuel Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torquin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Dad's 032AV has a fuel problem. I can start it on choke and can open the choke part way while hold it at full throttle but it eventually acts like it runs out of fuel if I have the choke half, or more, open. It starts right back up though, with the choke half on, and proceeds to "run out of fuel" again. If I open the choke all the way and let it idle it "runs out of fuel" and will not restart without choking.
Here's what I have done, as the saw was in bad shape when I got hold of it.
New fuel filter.
New in-tank fuel hose.
New/used air screen.
Several other parts unrelated this the problem (bar, chain, muffler parts).
Took carb apart and blew out all passages with carb cleaner.
I essentially refurbished the saw. When I gave it back to him it ran beautifully. He sent it back saying he couldn't get it to run. When it came back, neither could I.

Today I pulled the carb off and pulled the fuel pump and impulse covers. I saw that the impulse diaphragm was coming apart around the edges a little, but still looked like there was enough meat to seal. Carb is all clean inside. The needle valve seemed to be stuck closed when I pulled it apart again, 30 minutes ago, and I freed it up. Fuel pump diaphragm seems just fine. The reed valve diaphragm seems OK. I fired it and it behaves as described at the beginning of this post.
The impulse hose looks like it's sealing, but I have not checked it in depth because I'm not sure the best way to check it.
I'm starting to think I should just put a new carb on it.
Is there something I'm missing or need to check before putting a carb on it?

Thanks,
Chris

Get a carb. kit and a new impulse hose. While you have the carb. off might as well put the hose on. It doesn't take much of a leak in the diaphram or the impulse hose to make a difference.

OK, so what else do I need to do when going though the carb?
I pulled it apart and squirted carb cleaner through every hole I could find and made sure it came out someplace else, and the same for the adjustment screws. I'm not sure what else I can do in there.

Thanks,
Chris

Pony up and buy a $10 carb kit and stop wasting time. I dont EVER take a carb apart and put it back together with the same diaphrams etc. My time is worth more than that kit. Not trying to sound harsh but you will find out that doing a kit right away is well worth the money.

10-4, on the kit.
Is there anything else that should be checked while I am in there,or am I doing everything that can be done?

Chris

Latest posts

Back