034 Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl4life

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought a nearly brand new 034 AV Super. $240 sounded like a good deal! Anyways, how many cc's does one of these put out? What about a Stihl 031? Have one of those too.

The 034av is 56.5cc 3.45 cu.in .....if it is a 034 magnum it is 61cc 3.75 cu.in.

and for the 031 it is 48cc 2.93 cu.in
hope this helps

It is a good deal if like new.. The 034S is a great saw... You'd have to buy a 361 to get a Stihl saw that come close (quality and power).

The two saws aren't in the same class, being 12 cc's apart or so in size. And the 034, being two generations after the 031, is probably about the same weight, maybe a tad bit less. That said, the 031 was a great saw, well built and long lasting.

rbtree said:
The two saws aren't in the same class, being 12 cc's apart or so in size. And the 034, being two generations after the 031, is probably about the same weight, maybe a tad bit less. That said, the 031 was a great saw, well built and long lasting.

well said....i didnt think about the weight.....but i agree the larger 034 will weigh around the same as the 031.

Stihl4life said:
It DOES!!! The 031 has a 20" bar and the 034 has a 28" and they weigh about the same.
Just a suggestion; put an 18 or 20" bar on the 034S, and keep the long bar for the noccations when you really need it.

Balance, and cutting speed will be better with the shorter bar - less weight to carry around also. :deadhorse:

034, super / magnum differences

Reading this thread still leaves me confused !
I am looking at a saw that is a 034 Super Magnum, what is that?
034/super/magnum all on the nameplate..... How many cc's? How would it compare to the 044 I just bought?

Magnum is just a marketing term applied to some models from time to time. Sometimes there is a minor change to the prior model, sometimes not. The 34S is 61.5cc. 4.6bhp.

Back