038M longer than stock fuel line?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone running a non-stock fuel line in the 038...to get a longer in-tank length?

I find those fuel lines to be shorter than I prefer.

What line are you using? Did it require modification to the tank or the line itself?

Thanks,

Roy

Anyone running a non-stock fuel line in the 038...to get a longer in-tank length?

I find those fuel lines to be shorter than I prefer.

What line are you using? Did it require modification to the tank or the line itself?

Thanks,

Roy

Best fit is OEM. I got sick of buying cheap Chi-Com crap early on, and wasting my time on fitment and quality issues.

If you modify the OEM parts (tank) to make junk fit. what happens when you can't find more cheap junk and OEM no longer works?

That said, I think I ran a Stens fuel line on one of my 038 without fitment issues.

Sorry, I was not clear. I will buy OEM. But, was wondering if anyone is using a line from a different model.

Like the old-026-stright versus newer-026-curved fuel line.

I buy some AM stuff...but, not the rubber bits.

Idk if you could do this on your model, but I think it was a 031 or 034 that I cut the "grommet" section out of the old fuel line, carefully cut the center out and fished some fuel line for a stihl backpack blower through the grommet. It worked put decently well. Was a major pia to do.... easy to replace the fuel line the second time around.

I think Modifiedmark found a fuel resistant grommet (Echo or Stihl trimmer) and used a good length of straight rubber fuel line. Looks clean and no worries about the filter hanging off the bottom of the tank. This is on an 038 Super metal tank.

Thanks guys. Yes, I have read about the conversion to non-molded hose. I do like the fuel line on the older Huskys...it looks more like plastic than rubber. I also have some nice-looking Stihl impulse line from an 036 (I think it is the same as the 038 impulse)...it is black and fairly small OD.

I need to do some measurements of the tank hole and the carb/filter nipples.

I think Modifiedmark found a fuel resistant grommet (Echo or Stihl trimmer) and used a good length of straight rubber fuel line. Looks clean and no worries about the filter hanging off the bottom of the tank. This is on an 038 Super metal tank.

Supers were plastic tanks, only early 038 had magnesium ones. Probably a 038 "frankensaw", most of my 038 are. I've got boxes of 038 carcasses to scrounge from.

I am reminded about how much larger the OD of the filter nipple is compared to the OD of the carb. If one went to straight hose, they would need to change to a different filter.

You mention intakes. My 038 needs a manifold and they are NLA. Have you had good luck with any particular AM manifold?

There is a NOS one on Ebay, but it is pricy.

You mention intakes. My 038 needs a manifold and they are NLA. Have you had good luck with any particular AM manifold?

There is a NOS one on Ebay, but it is pricy.
I have carcasses I need to inspect and treat dearly, as for those that's it.

Thanks for the heads up. I have 3 runners and lots of dead stuff.....will save intakes......

Latest posts

Back