041 Farm Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baddboyy21

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been offered an 041 Farm Boss non AV model. It runs for a while and the stops according to the seller. It's complete with a newer bar. The filter cover is missing in the pic but it's included. He has offered it to me for $45. Do you think it's a good deal? I don't plan on using it every day. Just another saw to eventually clean up and keep around.021.JPG

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG I think I did pretty well. Paid $70 for both saw combined. The 041 has a new bar on it. The 019t also came with a newer 12" stihl bar.

I just need to sort of the issue. Both saws have compression. I was told they both run but eventually die. I am assuming the carbs need rebuilt.

Not sure yet. Haven't taken it apart yet. Just picked it up a few hours ago. Maybe someone can chime in and tell us?

The 041s have a plastic intake block, which can crack (may run OK when cold), and a series of gaskets beneath the carb. Check those out and replace if necessary. I replaced all the slotted hardware with Allen head, which are easier to tighten and less prone on working lose. Be careful if you removed the choke lever as there is little ball bearing underneath that keeps it in position. I also got a length of new handlebar foam which helped with vibrations some.

Oh wow...I did not know that. I thought points would be more of a pain! haha I grew up in the 70-80's. I've never messed with points!

The 041s have a plastic intake block, which can crack (may run OK when cold), and a series of gaskets beneath the carb. Check those out and replace if necessary. I replaced all the slotted hardware with Allen head, which are easier to tighten and less prone on working lose. Be careful if you removed the choke lever as there is little ball bearing underneath that keeps it in position. I also got a length of new handlebar foam which helped with vibrations some.
Where did you get the hardware?

Latest posts

Back